REVIEW: Branded by Keary Taylor

08:17

Branded by Keary Taylor
Published by K&T Publishing on February 23rd 2010
Genres: paranormal, fantasy, young adult, romance
Pages: 376
Format: E-ARC
Source: Amazon
Rating: Five stars

Jessica had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged by people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.

But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will do anything to be with one of them. Even tell him the truth about angels, why she never sleeps, and the scar on the back of her neck. But one of the two has set events into motion that will pull her toward her own judgement and turn her into the object of her greatest fear.


Brilliant, Branded is a wonderful story that needs to be shared everywhere! It's addictive, cunning and beautiful. Branded is one of those books that will stay with you for a long time! Perfect! Since reading Halo, never read that book, I have never been to keen on angel type books. But after reading Taylor's imaginative book, that hate is all past me! This book is at an epic pace-it's not to fast and it's not too slow. Branded is detailed wonderfully, and it is a clear piece of literature. It is superb! I really enjoyed how Taylor has made Jessica the victim of different people's trials. This is because she had got to understand what part of the afterlife was all about but it was also a nightmare, so it was slightly her trial as well. 

Jessica's character was awesome, she's brave and awesome! Oh, and also lovable! I really enjoyed her personality but I also loved most of the other characters. For instance, I adored Alex because he was loyal and he was a true gentleman towards Jessica. Love was in the air and even from the words, you can clearly sense it! From the first word, I was hooked onto this book and now I am having a book hangover in consequence of it! So now, I cannot even pick up another book...I'll give it a try tomorrow. ;) Cole, who I found a little annoying, is one of those characters who you just hate to the core! During the course of the book, I couldn't get a brilliant vibe off of him. But he did make my heart leap into my mouth towards the end so I'll give him that. 

When I was reading Branded, I couldn't find a lot of mistakes. Probably one, which was the same sentence being used again in the second chapter, but because I loved the book so much I will let that go because it could've been just a grammar mistake. Branded is an emotion roller coaster, Taylor makes you feel emotions for most of the characters. Especially Sal. Good ol' Sal, she had always placed a smile on my face! She was also quite funny halfway through the book and I really fell in love with Sal. When I saw the cover on Amazon, I was instantly drawn to get the book. Even after reading the blurb, I was gobsmacked. The blurb is amazing and therefore, I had to go and get this book. 

To conclude, Branded is an epic book that is a must read! I encourage you to read this book and I will be recommending this book to a various amount of people.
five-stars



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook