REVIEW: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

15:24

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Published by Pan Macmillan on January 30th 2014
Genres: young adult, contemporary, romance, realistic fantasy, new adult
Pages: 459
Format: ARC
Source: Waterstones
Rating: Four stars

Cath and Wren are identical twins, and until recently they did absolutely everything together. Now they're off to university and Wren's decided she doesn't want to be one half of a pair any more - she wants to dance, meet boys, go to parties and let loose. It's not so easy for Cath. She's horribly shy and has always buried herself in the fan fiction she writes, where she always knows exactly what to say and can write a romance far more intense than anything she's experienced in real life. Without Wren Cath is completely on her own and totally outside her comfort zone. She's got a surly room-mate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words ...And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone. Now Cath has to decide whether she's ready to open her heart to new people and new experiences, and she's realizing that there's more to learn about love than she ever thought possible ...

After hearing so many glowing reviews for Fangirl, I knew I had to go out and buy it. I was supposed to get it from the publishers however, they never sent the book to me! And from the first couple of pages, I started to really enjoy Rowell's book. Of course, this book is all about me (Well...Not really, it's for every fangirl in the world) but the words that are written on the pages in Fangirl are spectacular! This book is highly addictive and once you start, you will not be able to put it down again! I think I have read this book more than three times, I have lost count now! But Rowell is a talented author and she is awesome for it! But I have come to notice that Cath and I are very similar because I have written fan-fiction in the past. So I think that Rowell did as well. 

Now I don't usually read contemporary books, however after reading Fangirl I will make sure that I will read this type of genre in the future. Rowell includes a lot of description of the sences around Cath as well as the characters. Fangirl is clear and perfectly paced, so you don't miss a single moment in this epic book! Rowell also plays with your emotions slightly in this book so in one minute you are full of worry and in the next, you are full of love. Fangirl is pure genius! Whilst I was reading this book, I was imagining everything that was happening within this book. It was amazing! Fangirl has to be one of the best books I have ever read! And without a doubt, you will fall in love with every single character! 

The reason why Fangirl is a four star rating, is because there was one thing that I believed that didn't fit in this book. And that was the snippets of some of the Simon Snow books and the fan-fiction written by Cath between chapters. I just thought that they didn't belong in the book. Apart from that, I adored Fangirl! Rowell's book is a fine example of literature! This is book is pure brilliance and inspiration...I want more! I am speechless, really! I think that this book is one of my favourite books of the year so far, and I have read some amazing things so far this year! I am already imagining different scenarios of Cath and Levi. But there hasn't been a second book announced...Yet. There needs to be a second Fangirl! 

Fangirl was awesome and therefore I will fangirl about it and recommend it to a huge amount of people! 
four-stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook