BOOK EVENT: Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

11:39

So on Saturday, I was one of the lucky people to meet Cassandra Clare (author of The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices and The Bane Chronicles.) and Sarah Rees Bennan (author of The Lynburn series.) Since my mum brought the ticket, I have been counting down the hours, days and minutes towards this event because I am such a massive fan of Cassandra Clare! However, I did not go to this event on my own. My oldest friend, Georgia from The Biblomaniac Book Blog, came with me and we both kind-a fangirled throughout the whole talk! But today, I wanted to show you what I experienced at this epic event. So without further adieu, please welcome Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan!...



Okay...So I was supposed to take notes on this event but I sort of lost my pen in the cinema. But I have a good memory and I can remember nearly all of the event. But this little section is just about the wait and anticipation before the talk began. Georgia and I met at the usual train station we meet at when we go for days out with each other and about ten minutes later, we were on the train up to London. My heart was pounding against my chest. We spoke about the book that we were going to get and also some other stuff before arriving at London Charring Cross. Georgia, who took her City of Bones movie poster and Steampunk Anthology book, was excited to meet Cassandra because her Steampunk Anthology book was already signed by Holly Black (I think) and Cassandra was one of the co-authors. Whereas I, who was probably more excited, took my copy of Clockwork Princess. When we finally arrived at the cinema, there was a line. And it wasn't short. It was about, this is so true, two streets long! And while we were waiting, it started to chuck down with rain. "Protect the books!" I cried and Georgia and I huddled together under my umbrella. But about twenty-odd minutes later, the line was moving and we were in the cinema...About fifty feet away from one of my favourite authors! The wait seemed like it took forever but by half eleven, Cassandra Claire and Sarah Rees Brennan were walking towards the stage were the talk was about to begin!
 



The talk began with Sarah Rees Brennan and Cassandra Clare reading out the voice mails that Clary, Isabelle, Simon, Maya and Alec had left Mangus after the spectacular book; City of Lost Souls. (You have to read it to understand that bit!) And even from the first message, left by Alec, the whole cinema was in tears...Including me! The feels was so powerful! I guess the best voice mails that were sent to Mangus were from Isabelle because, well, Isabelle is so badass and her personality is freaking awesome! Isabelle's messages were so funny, even the authors were laughing so much! But when the name Gideon Lightwood was mentioned, every girl screamed their heads off. Including me because I am such a Lightwood fan... (That. Never. Happened. At. All.) After the voice mails had ended, we all applauded and then the Q & A talk began. Waving hands flew up in the air faster then I have ever seen before and my hand was one of them. (Except I was waving my arms up in the air like a total maniac...) The questions that were asked were amazing and the answers were even more awesome!! But waving my hands like a maniac scored me a question...

This was the line..!



"What were your emotions when writing this book, can you talk me through your emotions please?"

Sarah: This was Cassandra, "This book is so terrible!" and Cassie then cried: "It's too short!" Cassandra then called me over to read it and she sat on the sofa. About halfway through, Cassandra fell off of the sofa...Crying. And then I began to cry as well! 

Cassandra: That wasn't even all of it. I was crying as I was writing City of Heavenly fire. But then I did have some fun killing off some of the characters. Only because I'm a murderer! 

Sarah: It was mostly crying and laughter but I know that Cassandra really loved writing this book! 

When I actually did ask the question, I was so nervous...My legs were shaking so bad I had to hold onto the seat infront of me! 



Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary’s own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him—must they journey to another world to find the chance? Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world change in the sixth and last installment of the Mortal Instruments series!



This was the autograph that I was given by Cassandra Clare. (City of Heavenly Fire) and as she was signing my book, she asked who my favourite character was. 
Me: Jem-
Cassandra: That was quick. 
Me: Jace, Magnus, Simon, Church-
Cassandra: Hah, hah! 
Me: Oh and you are also one of the authors who have inspired me to write! 
Cassandra: Oh my god! Have you begun writing? 
Me: Yes, I might have a book out next year! 
Cassandra: OMG! I will look out for it! 




It was a really great morning and I have now finished City of Heavenly Fire...Under 24 hours!! Stay tuned for more book events! 

 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook