REVIEW: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Claire

11:26

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Published by Simon & Schuster on August 31st 2010
Series: The Infernal Devices
Genres: fantasy, young adult, steampunk, science fiction, romance, paranormal, historical fiction
Pages: 502
Format: ARC
Source: Waterstones
Rating: Four Stars

 In magical Victorian London, orphan Tessa found safety with the Shadowhunters, until traitors betray her to the Magister. He wants to marry her, but so do self-destructive Will and fiercely devoted Jem. Mage Magnus Bane returns to help them. Secrets to her parentage lie with the mist-shrouded Yorkshire Institute's aged manager Alyosius Starkweather.

Back with the second instalment to The Infernal Devices trilogy, Clockwork Prince brings more emotion to this series and so much more! After buying this book, I was so excited to read it an as soon as it came through my letterbox I quickly mad a cup of tea and began reading. And boy, it was good! Excitement flowing through me, I knew that this book would be better than Clockwork Angel. This time, Cassandra has added even more detail to the book than before and you will become addicted to Cassie's literature! Clockwork Prince, in one way, is breath taking however in the other way it is slightly discombobulating.

The events in Clockwork Prince were mind blowing and spectacular! Every sentence will make you think, deeply, about yourself as well as the action scenes that will take place within the chapters. Tessa, has become even more braver than before and I really want a hug from Clare at the moment because I still need to take in her awesomeness. *Wimpers.* I know that I read this book last year, but I still see some of the scenes that appear in Clockwork Prince. It's so weird but Cassandra's writing does stick to you.

When I had said the word 'discombobulating', I just that that some of the parts of the book was slightly unexplained and I also thought that some bits seemed a little bit rushed. Nonetheless, (god, that's a word I haven't used in forever.) the rest of Clockwork Prince was wonderful. (By the way, Jem is still mine so HANDS OFF!...But you can have Will.) As I stated in my Clockwork Angel review, I wasn't too sure on Will. But after finishing Clare's second addition, my opinion has not changed at all.

Clockwork Prince is on my favourites list and I do urge you to buy the book. So read it and let me know what you think!
four-stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook