REVIEW: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

16:35



An angel is sent to Earth on a mission.

But falling in love is not part of the plan.


Three angels – Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human – are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of all, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.

Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems too strong.

The angel’s mission is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save her?
 This book is one of the worst pieces of English I have ever read before! EVER! This book was so annoying that it took me over a month to finish it! In one month I could’ve read fifteen books but no, I spent all my time trying to read this stupid, nonsense book! First of all, this book was so slow that I bet watching a snail is more amusing than this idiotic book and I am not even joking about this. (And yes, I know that I am using insults in every sentence because that is how angry I am about this book!) I am still mourning over the lost minutes of my life that I wasted on this book. However, there was one good part of this book; the cover. The book cover is very eye catching and it lures innocent people to boredom! The blurb was slightly OK, so I ignored my gut and started to read this book. This was the biggest book mistake of my LIFE! Halo has a huge amount of clichés in this book. Let’s see shall we? An angel goes down to Earth to kick evil’s butt. Cliché. Afterwards, she falls in love. Cliché. Then evil kidnaps her and tries to make her fall in love with him. Cliché. Too many clichés in this book! Even a five year old child can write better than this piece of junk! Adornetto seems to be half bothered to write this book and consequently has had a massive problem on the whole story. Great (!) When I got past the first 200 pages, I had to put this book down and have walk to distract myself from what I was reading. I really wanted to forget about this book and move onto another however, I promised myself to get though it. Never force yourself though a book because you will make it worse for yourself!

Now I’m going to talk about the characters. I know I rarely talk about each character separately, but I think I need to describe what the different characters are like. First of all Bethany. From the first page I wanted to kill her. Literately. She is a naive little piece of good. Angels are supposed to kick but. Bethany seemed like a huge train wreck of emotion. In one sentence, she is all happy and yay but in the next sentence, she seemed all sad and blue. WHAT THE HELL? Seriously, WHAT THE HELL? I found Bethany a pointless character in the book. But oh wait, the book would still be bad without her. I hated her! Adornetto what have you done to this book? Now we move on to Xavier. A teenage American football player. Dreamy you say? Well hell no! He is a really idiotic, dumb character that (of course) falls in love with angel girl. Take him and Bethany out, and you have the bad boy Jake Thorn. Jake is your casual bad boy. Wears a leather jacket and pants. What girl wouldn’t want to go out with him? Oh yeah, I forgot. ALL THE GOD DAMN ‘POPULAR’ GIRLS IN THE STORY!’ And yet, he falls for Bethany! People, please do not read this book!

I’m not even going to talk about the plot line! It just makes the whole book fall apart altogether! So to conclude, Halo was a terrible book and so therefore, I hope that you do not go anywhere near this book as you will have the same reaction as I did.
 CANNOT BE RATED-IT WAS THAT BAD!!!

Georgia x

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto
Published by Feiwel & Friends on January 1st 2010
Genres: young adult, paranormal, romance, fiction
Pages: 484
Format: ARC
Source: Waterstones
Rating: Unrated


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook