BOOK REVIEW: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.

14:49

Tessa Gray should be happy—aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
This has to be one of the most emotional books I have ever read in my life, apart from The Fault In Our Stars and also If I Stay. Concluding the epic series, Clockwork Princess doesn't end the series quietly, it sums up this trilogy with a bang! Clare uses the past book to help you understand all of the events that go on in Clockwork Princess and I find it outstanding how the author did this! (But there are a few new tricks that Clare has brought with her to finish The Infernal Devices!) I found Clockwork Princess a very powerful book and I just think that this book needs to be turned into a movie, but there are talks of it happening so please let it be true! Clockwork Princess still follows the perspective of Tessa but this time, I think that Tessa has come out of her shell a lot so I really got to like her character a bunch! The cover of this book is so beautiful and I really want Tessa's wedding dress so badly!! Every word in Clockwork Princess have been put in carefully to make this story a reality and I believe that Clare went through blood, sweat and tears to write it. This book is so good!

There isn't much to say about the plot apart from these three things: there is a lot more fighting, there is a lot more romance and there is a lot of emotion and feels!!! The characters are the same in this book and there isn't much development in this novel-This slightly disappointed me because I really wanted to find out how the characters had grown over this series! However bookworms, JEM IS MINE-HE WILL ALWAYS BE MINE AND YOU CANNOT HAVE HIM!!! I actually have no words for this book because it is that good but I really need to write this review for it! When I was reading this book, I kept on watching the trailer and I think that it clearly shows what the book is about! Check it out:

The trailer is beautifully gruesome and if this were a movie trailer, I would so go see the film!

Clockwork Princess is a stunning book and I'm really sorry that I cannot really talk about it much because it's GAH! Just go and read it! Tweet me: @Books_Bandit. Comment below. Facebook me: http://www.facebook.com/thebooksbandit or E-Mail me: hardcoregeeks13@gmail.com!
four-stars

Georgia x
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Published by Walker Books on March 13th 2013
Genres: young adult, Steampunk, romance, Science fiction
Pages: 565
Format: ARC
Source: Waterstone
Rating: Four stars

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook