BOOK REVIEW: Take Back The Skies by Lucy Saxon.

10:28

Desperate to escape an arranged marriage and the life her high-ranking government official father planned for her, Cat Hunter does the unthinkable. She runs away from her homeland Tellus, disguises herself as a boy, and stows away on an air ship. She’s ready for life in a new land where the general population isn’t poverty stricken and at the mercy of the cruel officials. What she isn’t quite ready for is meeting Fox, a crew member aboard the Stormdancer—which turns out to be a smugglers’ ship. So begins an epic adventure that spans both land and sea.
Soon after I had met Lucy Saxon, I began reading Take Back The Skies and the first couple of words hook you onto reading this debut novel! Saxon's novel is superb and if you like a good Si Fi Fantasy book, then Take Back The Skies is just for you! Every chapter is detailed to the point and it really doesn't feel as if you are reading a novel, but watching TV in stead-this is always a good sign that shows that this book is amazing! I really enjoyed Take Back The Skies because I don't usually read the Si Fi genre and when I do, I expect the book to be so gobsmacking that I will HAVE to re-read the book afterwards. I would be more comfortable reading Si Fi books if I had not read a terrible book that was set in the future and it had ruined my opinion on this genre. (I think that it was Insurgent or Allegiant by Veronica Roth.) However, every time I do read a brilliant book in the Science Fiction genre-it reminds me of how good some of these books are out there!

Let's talk about the plot. I personly thought that the plot was spectacular, but with only a couple of things that I didn't really enjoy about Take Back The Skies.But I will move onto that later in this paragraph. There were so many things that I loved about Saxon's book, including the characters, the plot twists and the way that Saxon has just written her book!!! =P This book is so addictive, that every time I went to put it down, I had to pick it back up again because I just needed to find out what happens next. The characters in this novel seemed, to me, as if they were people I have known my whole life and I guess that Saxon gave me a small piece of hope that the characters would all make it through together by the end of the book. She lied. (I am not saying which character it is because I accidently did it on Twitter a few days ago!) I don't really have a favourite part in Take Back The Skies because I did enjoy every single moment of it and picking the best part is like choosing my apple of my eye! But I can choose a favourite character and that is William Michael Foxe, or just Fox as he is mostly known in Saxon's book. So now, I guess I have to say the few things that I did not really enjoy in this book because of some mistakes that I thought that has some impact on Take Back The Skies. Firstly, I did not get a few parts of the book because I thought that they weren't clear enough to me and secondly, I didn't like the way one of the chapters were summed up. Other than that, I think that Take Back The Skies is a brilliant book that needs to be read!

I think that I will be reading the rest of the series, when the books come out, and that I will also be re-reading this book this summer when I have finished the Geekhood series by Andy Robb and also If I Stay which is my current read. (Review for If I Stay will be up this weekend, I think.) I think that Take Back The Skies is well worth your time and I think for a debut author, Saxon has done a brilliant job on writing this book! So go out to your closest book shop or Amazon and buy this book. You will not regret this one bit, believe me! =) Read this book? Tweet me: @Books_Bandit. Comment below. Facebook me: http://www.facebook.com/thebooksbandit or E-Mail me: hardcoregeeks13@gmail.com!

four-stars

Georgia x
If you like Take Back The Skies, why not try...
Star Wars by Matt Mayhew
Divergent by Veronica Roth
                          
 Take Back The Skies by Lucy Saxon
Published by Bloomsbury Books on June 5th 2014
Genres: young adult, Steampunk, romance, Science fiction
Pages: 378
Format: ARC
Source: YALC
Rating: Four stars

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook