BOOK REVIEW: Boys Don't Knit by T.S. Easton.

14:41



Ben Fletcher must get to grips with his more 'feminine' side following an unfortunate incident with a lollipop lady and a stolen bottle of Martini Rosso from Waitrose. All a big misunderstanding of course. To avoid the Young Offenders unit, Ben is ordered to give something back to the community and develop his sense of social alignment. Take up a hobby and keep on the straight and narrow. The hot teacher he likes runs a knitting group so Ben, reluctantly at first, gets 'stuck in'. Not easy when your dad is a sports fan and thinks Jeremy Clarkson is God. To his surprise, Ben finds that he likes knitting and that he has a mean competitive streak. If he can just keep it all a secret from his mates...and notice that the girl of his dreams, girl-next-door Megan Hooper has a bit of a thing for him...Laugh-out-loud, often ridiculous, sometimes quite touching, and revelatory about the knitting world, Boys Don't Knit is a must for boys and girls...
You can never go wrong with a comedy book, and Boys Don't Knit is one of the books that kicks all of the other laugh out loud books in the butt! Nearly all the pages are filled with jokes, sarcasm and other comedy features that even makes adults laugh! The only comedy books I have ever read in my life were the Geek Girl series by Holly Smale. [You can read my review for Geek Girl by clicking on the link which is at the bottom of this review.] 

I really loved the way the author, T.S. Easton, had written the format of this book because it was in a style of a journal. Usually books, if they are in the form of a journal, are nine times out of ten told by the perspective of a girl. So it was different to see the way what a boy thinks. Especially when he is on probation...I loved the way that T.S. Easton had created Ben's character because it was amusing to see what Ben thought in some circumstances.  

I thought that every entry from Ben really related to the one before and I personly think that it was pretty awesome. Easton cleary describes every one of Ben's friends/family wonderfully and I got a clear image of each of the characters. And the different places and experiances that the main character goes through. This is what I adore in books because it doesn't feel like I am just reading words but it feels like I am part of the book. I find this is one of the aspects for looking out for a good book. 

There is so many things that are packed into this novel, anyone who loves reading or hates reading will love Boys Don't Knit! I believe that there wasn't a moment when I was bored; I was hooked throughout. I did not put this book down until I had finished it! 

I recently had finished the sequel to Boys Don't Knit and I have to say it was a very good book! [However, I did perfer the first.] This book was brilliant and I am so happy that I was able to get this book at YALC before all the copies dissapeared! I finished T.S. Easton's novel with a massive grin on my face. One of my favourite books this year! 
five-stars
 Boys Don't Knit by T.S. Easton by T.S. Easton
Published by Hot Key Books on 2nd January 2014
Genres: contemporary, funny, young adult
Pages: 304
Format: Paperback
Source: YALC
Buy the BookBuy the Book

 
PS: Here is the link for the Geek Girl review:  http://www.thebooksbandit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/book-review-geek-girl-by-holly-smale.html
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook