BOOK REVIEW: Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas

12:11

I recived this book from the publisher and in no way did that affect my opinion!

Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
[I usually write the reviews in series order, but I have a deadline for this review and I don't really have time to write the review for Crown of Midnight! But my review for the second book will be up soon! Georgia x] So after one whole year of waiting for the third book to the Throne of Glass series has come to an end! Title and book cover realises made me squeal and since Bloomsbury had E-Mailed me about getting a proof copy, my fangirling levels went through the roof! This series is a must read! It keeps you at the edge of your seat throughout the whole novel! Even though the book did take two weeks to arrive at my house, it arrived on Saturday last weekend and I actually did ditch the book I was reading to begin this one! [I had already read the book I did ditch, I was having a book marathon of the Morganville Vampires!] 

Okay, let's actually talk about the book! Heir of Fire carries on from the second book of this heart pounding series and to be honest, I think that this has to be my favourite book in the world because the description was so vivid and everything in the plot slotted together and by the end of the book, my mouth smacked the floor. Hard. Sarah J Maas still uses the same writing format as she has in the last two books and I really loved the idea of this because I could see what each of the characters thought! But there was one thing different that really saddened my heart. My ship was broken...TWICE! Nonetheless, Sarah J Maas has done a brilliant job on her new book and Celaena has to beat all of the heroes and heroines in every one of the stories I have ever read! Her personality is so different from any other character in the YA universe, she makes Harry Potter look like a wimp! [That is kind of impossible but Sarah J Maas has done the unexpected!]

On to the plot! Unlike the last two books, Sarah J Maas has included a lot more of Celaena's history into this book and I really think that it gives me a total understanding of the main character because in Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, the author only really tells the reader that Celaena's parents were murdered! So thank you Sarah for explaining what really happened to Celaena's family!! :D The plot of this book is beautifully scary [is that even a thing? Well, it is now!] and there are more characters introduced into the series! And I fell in love with every single one of them! 

I think that Sarah J Maas has done a wonderful job. Heir of Fire captivates you and drags you into a world of magic and chaos! New OTPS [One True Paring] are made and I have to say, even though there were some bits that I didn't enjoy I will gladly shove this book under anyone's noses and give them a cup of tea while they reading! If you don't read this book, you are seriously missing out on something amazing! :D [PS: You like my new rating system?]
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas 
Published by Bloomsbury on September 11th 2014
Genres: fantasy, young adult, fae, adventure, paranormal
Pages: 565
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Buy the BookBuy the Book


THANK YOU TO BLOOMSBURY FOR HEIR OF FIRE! YOU MADE MY DAY AND THANK YOU FOR PUBLISHING THIS AMAZING BOOK! :D :D :D 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook