BOOK REVIEW: The Memory Keepers by Natasha Ngan.

12:00


Seven is a thief with a difference - he steals downloadable memories from banks and memoriums to sell onto London's black market, trading secrets and hidden pasts for a chance at a future of his own. He makes sure he keeps some special stuff back to 'surf' himself though - it's the only real form of entertainment he can afford. But one night, as Seven is breaking into a private memorium in a wealthy part of London, he is caught in the act by one of its residents; Alba, the teenage daughter of London's most famous criminal prosecutor. Instead of giving him away, Alba promises to keep Seven's secret - as long as he allows her to go memory-surfing herself. In doing so, they discover a hidden memory about Seven's past, revealing a shocking secret about Seven's childhood, the government and a mysterious experiment known as The Memory Keepers...

Now Seven and Alba will have to race against time to unlock the maze of The Memory Keepers - but can they keep themselves out of harm's way before the London Guard - and Alba's father - catches up with them?
This was a book that had kept my heart in my heart in my mouth throughout the whole the story. I couldn't put this book down at all and when I had to go to bed, I wanted to carry on reading it because I wanted to find out what happens next! 

Natasha really gets what the term Science Fiction means in The Memory Keepers and I really thought what the futuristic London will be like! And in Natasha's book, I was really surprised on how segregated it was-I have never been more shocked with this book! 

I liked how the author wrote the different chapters from either Alba or Seven's personalites. I thought it was very good to see what either one of the main characters thought! It was a brilliant feature! 

Natasha's writing must be a god-given gift because The Memory Keepers is one heck of a good book! The description in this novel may be slightly off, but it is still an enjoyable book! 

I really want everyone to read The Memory Keepers because it is so energetic and there are so many comical bits to this book as well! I am really anticipating a second book because I do not want this to be a stand alone! 
four-stars
The Memory Keepers by Natasha Ngan
Published by Hot Key Books on September 4th 2014
Genres: Science Fiction, funny, young adult
Pages: 386
Format: Paperback
Source: YALC
Buy the BookBuy the Book

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook