BOOK REVIEW: Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) by Holly Smale.

12:00


Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives.

With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.
I think that Model Misfit is my favourite book in the Geek Girl series so far! It is so fantastically written that I actually felt as if I were Harriet myself. But I feel that in many books but Holly, the author, makes Harriet a very unique character. This is because Harriet's misfortunes are so funny! 

After finishing Model Misfit, I now really want to go to Japan and Tokyo and the way that Holly has described the country so beautifully-I felt as if I were on holiday! I have always loved Holly's style of writing because it leaves an imprint in the reader's mind and I think it genius! 

I really loved the way the characters acted together in this book and I just loved Toby's quote. "Never underestimate the power of a well placed apostrophe!" It is my all time favourite quote! I say it everywhere! 

Holly continues Harriet's story in the same format as Geek Girl, but in Model Misfit comedy fills every single page! I remember once, when I was coming back from school, I was reading Model Misfit on the tram and there was this one sentence that made me laugh so much...Everyone gave me such strange looks until the person who sat next to me said: "Don't worry, it's the book this young lady is reading!" 

There are so many twists and turns in the plot, my mouth had kept on dropping every five minutes or so. Holly's story line is one-of-a-kind! 

I really loved Model Misfit and I cannot tell anyone how many times I have read this book! Once I have finished it, carried on with a few other books on my TBR I always seem to come back to Holly's book! Thank you Holly for writing such an amazing book! [PS: follow Holly Smale on Twitter! @HolSmale.] 
five-stars

Model Misfit by Holly Smale 
Published by HarperCollins Childrens Books on September 26th 2013
Genres: romance, contemporary, funny, young adult 
Pages: 356
Format: Paperback
Source: Waterstones
Buy the BookBuy the Book


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook