14:30






 

 Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply — but that almost seems besides the point now.

Maybe that was always besides the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her — Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?

Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?
Landline is one of the books that I have highly been anticipating since it was announced. And somehow, all of my bloggy friends managed to get a review copy and their reviews had stated that it was a must read. I began reading Landline a few weeks ago and I was able to finish it within a day! However, I do not really see why everyone was making such a fuss over this book! I enjoyed it very much but not to the extent of some people. Landline is one of the first full on romance books I have ever read that does not include cancer or a hell of a lot of death. So it was nice to read a romantic comedy book for the first time. Rainbow Rowell's latest novel is a beautiful debut with some brilliant snarky lines that will make you re-read the sentence over again. 

After I had read Landline, I was hungry for more Georgie McCool stories and I really wanted to be part of this character's life. I don't know whether that was because the main character had the same name as me or it was just Georgie's personality! I thought that Rainbow had written each of the characters perfectly but there were one or two people in this novel that I wanted to know about more. I really adored how Rainbow had set out her book, I thought the idea was original and clever. Especially the ending of Landline-which had made me smile with happiness! However, I think that I should've read this book towards the end of this year because it is set in December and it is August! So now I keep on humming Jingle Bells and playing Silent Night on my keyboard. 

Each chapter really linked in with each other and it was easy to follow the entire story. Landline not only linked in together with words, but I thought that the characters worked really nicely together. I do have some favourite parts to this novel however, they are all spoliers and I don't want any consequences if I spill them out onto my blog! So sorry! If you do want a good book to read, I totally recommend Landline because it will fill your heart with love. Landline is a book that does take a while to get into but about halfway through, the novel becomes an easy read! 

I do want to read Landline again but I don't want to rush into it because I am sadly not that overjoyed and obessed as some people I know are. I think that this genre isn't really my cup of tea but I will give this theme another go because there are some books that I do want to read that falls into this category! Landline is a book I do recommend and I think that Rainbow Rowell is a very talented author! DFTBA! 

Landline by Rainbow Rowell 
Published by St Martins Press on July 3rd
Genres: contemporary, romance, adult fiction, young adult, magic
Pages: 310
Format: Hardback
Source: YALC

Buy the BookBuy the Book
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook