NEW POST: So, Starting Secondary School?

10:29

(This is a post with no pics but is really helpful so please read on!) The Summer Holidays are now closing to an end (boo) and for Primary School people, you're lucky because you know your teacher and you know what classroom will be yours. However, for those of you who have doubts of starting Secondary School (so you gave just left Year 6), I am here to give you advice on your first year at your brand new school! Next Wednesday, I go back to my school as a Year 9 girl and I am terrified because I begin my coursework for my GCSEs and eventually I will have to take those tests. But you new comers are lucky because you don't have to worry for those horrible exams for two more years! (Let me come with you!) Anyway, this is a brilliant sign! YOU'RE GROWING UP! It is a scary world but trust me, when you survive Secondary School with your exam results you will be able to go anywhere in the world and you can do what you want! And if you do have doubts on starting, look at this post and follow my advice. I am not making any of this up and this is from all of my experiences of being at Secondary School!

The week before I started school, I was freaking out because I was going to be making new friends, I had new lessons and teachers, and the school I go to is ten times more bigger than my Primary School! Hint: Talk to your mum/dad/step-mum/step-dad/carer/nan/grandad, they have been through what you are about to go through. Get advice from them. I'm sure they will talk to you and calm your nerves! Make sure that you have everything ready, PE Kit; Pens/Pencils/other equipment! You seriously do not want a detention on your first day. (I've never had a detention but where I go, it's kind of like hell.) When you get your timetable and planner, stick your schedule in your planner otherwise how will you know what lessons you have at what time?

Because it is your first week/second week at your school you will be allowed extra time to get to your lessons. This is because you need to know where you are going. When I first started, I couldn't find my DT class and I ended up making it just on time by a minute. You will get more homework than usual (I can hear groaning) but it is better if you get it out of the way because then you don't have to worry about rushing it or getting a detention. And after you have done your homework, you will have free time to do anything you want!

You also need to make sure how you are getting to school and also before the first bell goes off. Also make sure you always have someone to be with at school. Trust me, it sucks to have no friends! :D

If you are being bullied at school, GO TELL A TEACHER OR SOMEONE YOU TRUST! And if you are the bully, SHAME ON YOU! Leave the person you're bullying alone!

I don't really know what else to say. Be good. Have fun. And always do your best! If you have any questions, E-Mail me or comment or tweet me! DFTBA!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook