BOOK REVIEW: Fearsome Dreamer by Laure Eve.

14:36

17930217

There is a world where gods you’ve never heard of have wound themselves into hearts, and choice has led its history down a different path.

This is a world where France made a small, downtrodden island called England part of its vast and bloated empire.

There are people here who can cross a thousand miles with their minds. There are rarer people still who can move between continents in the blink of an eye.

These people are dangerous.

And wanted. Desperately wanted.

Apprentice hedgewitch Vela Rue knows that she is destined for more. She knows being whisked off from a dull country life to a city full of mystery and intrigue is meant to be. She knows she has something her government wants, a talent so rare and precious and new that they will do anything to train her in it.

But she doesn’t know that she is being lied to. She doesn’t know that the man teaching her about her talent is becoming obsessed by her, and considered by some to be the most dangerous man alive ...
I was given Fearsome Dreamer by Hot Key Books all the way back in April as a gift for joining their mail list. I began this book a few weeks after it had arrived through my door and the first few pages were brilliant and then I had hit chapter two. Um, I knew there was another character telling his POV but he could've been a little bit more clearer. It took me a while to like this new character, but then again I wasn't too sure on Rue-The main female. The way each chapter was written was really beautiful and it did send clear images into my head. This really pleased me because I haven't read a book like that in a while. So I carried on with this book and then suddenly, there is another character's POV! I'm sorry, but the blurb led me to believe that there was only two POVs rather than three. Hot Key and Laure can you mention this please when the book gets re published? This really annoyed me because I had no idea who this character was! And it was only deeper into the story that I finally did get to know this character but I still wasn't sure on what to make on the way he was written and I wasn't sure how to put his personality.

The scenes in the book move to fast and there were some parts of the novel that I wanted to stay with longer because they were so good! I also thought that many of the chapters were not summed off properly but on the other hand, there were brilliant cliffhangers that I really enjoyed and I do not understand why every chapter was similar to the amazing ones! There was a point in this book that I thought, "No, *sigh* I might have to DNF this book because I am not really enjoying this book and it is taking me a while to get through." I DID put the novel down for a while but then I decided to pick up Fearsome Dreamer again because I didn't really want to classify this book as a DNF. I think it took me three more times to get into this book and my friend did tell me that I was forcing myself to finish this book. (Well, I was. But Laure Eve is one of my favourite authors so I wanted to finish her book. She is also a brilliant person to meet!)

However, I did adore some of the characters that the author did come up with! I cannot pick one because there are quite a few that I think were written really well! XD So that really improved the book. I don't know why I couldn't get into this book. I think I just had to be in the right mood and I think I just needed to read it at the right time. There were some things that were not clear enough/explained well enough to help me understand fully what the story line was about. The plot does have a really weird romance written in between the two main characters. Uh, one part was really making my heart thump and then suddenly the author lost the tension between them! PLEASE FIX THIS! THEY WERE MY SHIP!

Fearsome Dreamer took me two weeks to get through and that has really shocked me because it never takes me two weeks to read a book. Ever. I could see what the author was trying to do with this novel and I think that she has done really well in some parts and a little bit worse in other parts. I wish that the author stuck to two different POVs because it was really hard to stay with the characters. Three differnet characters and it is quite a longish book. You loose the story halfway through! *Sobs.* I have such a mixed opinion on this book, it was so hard whether to write a bad review for it or a really good review! *Bangs head on table.* Fearsome Dreamer is a brilliant book but it takes a person who really wants to read this book. I had really high expectations for this novel and I did want to read it so I am glad that Hot Key did send it to me (Thanks Monique!)

I do recommend this novel but I would say either borrow it from a friend or a library. You could buy it, but if you were like me...I wouldn't really would want to spend £6/£7 when I could get it on my Kindle for a cheeper price. Nonetheless, you should still give this novel a go! DFTBA!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook