BOOK REVIEW: An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green

06:00


Katherine V thought boys were gross
Katherine X just wanted to be friends
Katherine XVIII dumped him in an e-mail
K-19 broke his heart
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type happens to be girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact.

On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun--but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl. Love, friendship, and a dead Austro-Hungarian archduke add up to surprising and heart-changing conclusions in this ingeniously layered comic novel about reinventing oneself.
 What, what the hell have I read? An Abundance of Katherines is the most stupid book I have ever read and frankly I have no idea on why or even how it was published. A boy who only dates Katherines, well he's great isn't he? Why hasn't he dated someone with a different name. Sure, you could walk up to a girl called Katherine and go out with her. But you only want to go out with her because of her name. That is stupid. *Sigh.* The plot was all over the place and there is nothing to the book. Everything has been rushed and I was so bored throughout the book, I really wanted to throw this book out of my window and leave it there for the rest of eternity. (Well, I couldn't because it was a school book, I'm just glad I didn't spend my money on this book.) Honestly, I have no idea on how anyone can read this, this book is outright terrible! People, I may adore John Green to bits but this novel really dissapoints me!

The characters in this book have been created stupidly and half of what they say, they have either already said the same thing but in a different way or their sentences doesn't even make sense! The Fault In Our Stars was an outstanding novel and I was really excited to start this book. The blurb sounded ok when I first read it but a page in, one godamn page, I was bored out of my mind. Everything began to fall apart, page after page and I just really hate this book! I really wanted to DNF this book but because I give every book a chance, I forced myself though An Abundance of Katherines. If you haven't read any of Green's novels, then I highly recommend The Fault In Our Stars because that is the best book by him yet! There was hardly any detail to this novel, which really upset me because in Green's other novel the book is full of description!

The only thing I really liked was the math bits that the author had written in and I also liked the last sentence of the novel because the book was finally finished with and I wouldn't have to force myself to read a stupid piece of writing anymore! An Abundance of Katherines is so rushed, you can predict what will happen next-with no excitement whatsoever! There is nothing to go to this plot and this novel just drowns on and on and on!

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time on this book and I would seriously contemplate on reading the rest of Green's novels. It took me a month to carry on with his books because An Abundance of Katherines really had put me off.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook