BOOK REVIEW: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games #2)

06:00


Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are still alive. Katniss should be relieved, but now there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

As the nation watches Katniss and Peeta, the stakes are higher than ever. One false move and the consequences will be unimaginable.
My favourite book in the trilogy! Catching Fire is the second edition to Collins's latest series and it has come back with a spark. "Every revolution starts with a spark!" I think that that, also has to be one of my favourite quotes because I believe that it is a true fact! (As I write this review, the Panem anthem is going around my head.) Katniss is back as a victor, YAY! Only with a problem. Snow hates her. WE ALL HATE YOU BACK SNOW! Anway, Catching Fire is much different from The Hunger Games and I think that there is more description in this novel, unlike the first. Collins has done a astronomical job on writing the sequel to The Hunger Games trilogy and this is the novel that really pulls you into the chaos...

There is so much description in this novel, it is unreal. Everything about this novel is hard to predict what will happen next. This is a roller coaster of  emotion and I did have several heart attacks while reading this. (I was still in Year 6 at the time of reading this novel.) But the memories and events that happened, still live on in my mind. The plot in Catching Fire contains so many feels and you cannot control them whatsoever. This is the best trilogy that is out in the world and I just want to sing about it so much! I couldn't find any faults within this novel and that has really, really pleased me! The new area was really well described and that sent a brilliant mental image right to my head! And then seeing it in the cinema really improved what I thought as well!

The characters have come back to kick more ass! Woop, but in this novel Collins has given Prim a really tincy part and I am devastated by that because Prim is one of my favourite characters and then the author just didn't want her in Catching Fire. But I am still glad that she got a part in this novel. There were some new characters introduced in Catching Fire and my has to be Finnick. Well, who else would say "Do you want a sugar cube?" C'mon, Finnick is the best! Peeta, oh he has just melted my heart in this novel and it makes me hate Gale even more because of some events at the beginning of the novel with him. Gale has just gotten worse and worse thoughout this novel and I am pleased, and yet upset about that...

Catching Fire was a brilliant book to read and I didn't sleep for about two days while I was experiancing this novel. This book is so worth you time reading!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook