BOOK REVIEW: City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #2)

06:00


Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to "City of Bones," Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

 Ah yes, the second and the most badly written book in The Mortal Instruments series. Seriously, I do not know what has happened. Clare writes one hell of a great novel, and then all of a sudden the next book is so close to becoming a member of the I-Hate-Twilight club! (I am actually part of that club, come join us!) This book had hardly anything in it and this really dissapointed me because I wanted to enjoy this book so much! Why, why was this book so badly written? I will never know! *Sobs* Clare continues this novel from the last book, but a little a head in the future. The plot is all over the place and I just struggled to read it! I was forcing myself because I wanted to finish this book! I did but it took me two weeks, I think. So I am quite upset about the outcome of this novel. 

The characters in this book have somewhat been downgraded, and they seem so much worse than before. They have become robots! Ugh, can someone please fix this book? This is one of my favourite series and then the author HAS to mess this book up! Puh-lease, I can tell that this book has been rushed into by the tenth page. THAT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! Jace is my favourite character but he has been written to be the worst character created in City of Ashes and don't get me started on Simon. This book has really upset me and I know that a lot of people have a similar opinion to me! Clare mentions how hot Jace looked in the nightclub in the first book (SORRY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK) but there is NO description in the first book. And then Clare continues to talk about the nightclub. But the worse thing, Clare tries to make a ship between two characters who cannot go out with each other. Many people thought it worked. Me:

FAVOURITE ANIME EVER!



I cannot talk about this book any more! Read it if you want to but this was a waste of my time! There were a few good bits however, the rest were terrible! DFTBA! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook