BOOK REVIEW: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments #3)

06:00


To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters - never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City - whatever the cost?
I was expecting more out of this novel, however, I do have to say that this novel is better than City of Ashes (read review here) and there is some elements that I was really overjoyed about Clare getting rid of a few things that she had added in her last novel. Thank. God. This novel really opens up the rest of the series and City of Glass has been written okay-ish but I wouldn't say it is my favourite in the series. There wasn't anything that really dragged me into the novel until the last few chapters. C'mon Clare! You are an amaizng author and then you wrote City of Glass and City of Ashes! But here is an interesting fact-City of Glass was supposed to be the last book in The Mortal Instruments series. And I am glad that Clare did carry on after this novel otherwise I would've been so upset afterwards.

There wasn't a lot of demons in this book and I am so upset about that because you don't really get to see the Shadowhunters in action and therefore, this doesn't show the true colours of the book and the author's writing. City of Glass does have some really good scenes in Idris, the Shadowhunters' home. You meet new villains and that is one of the best things because Clare has got some strong foreshadowing and omitting techniques that does make this novel slightly exciting. It makes you think a lot of things while you do read this novel. And I am not telling you to read this book, this blog is all about my opinions and you can alway follow your heart but I am just expressing my views on this novel.

I think that if some parts in this novel weren't there or they were written slighly better, I would've really enjoyed this book. But in my opinion, I think that this novel is City of Ashes part two. I think so far, City of Bones (read review here) is the best book and after reading this book I did think that the rest of the series would've been horrible! There characters haven't really improved and you don't feel any emotion from them and I find that really depressing!

I would tell you to read this book if you do like the series and I will re-read the series again, when I have the chance but I wouldn't go nuts over this book- if you know what I mean!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook