BOOK REVIEW: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

06:00

Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live TV show called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.

When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.

May the odds be ever in your favour.
I know I should've reviewed this book ages ago, but I did have a re-read of the whole series and I therefore couldn't have put up the review until now. (I forgot what happened in most of the books.) Anyway, The Hunger Games was the first trilogy I fully enjoyed all the way back in 2011/2012 where Georgia, fromt The Bibliomaniac Book Blog, told me how great this series is. She showed me the books when we were in Waterstones one day and my mum brought me the whold trilogy as I wanted to see the film! Even though the first few pages weren't that exciting for me, I slowly started to fall in love with this stunning first novel and I have now become obsessed with the films as well as the books. (If you know me, you will excatly know how much I fangirl over these novels! Sorry guys!) Anyway, The Hunger Games is a book that will make you fall in love with other books if you are not a fan of them already.

This book is truly outstanding, tension really builds up throught the whole novel itself and by the end of the book, you feel happy because you have survived the Games themselves. Even if you aren't a tribute. But this book drags you through Katniss's emotions and experiances and soon after meeting her, you want to become her friend and pity her because of where she lives. I love the idea of the tweleve different Districts and they are all set up in America. Also, the idea of this one of a kind series is brilliant because it came from real life experiances that the author then turned into a dystopian fantasy! In my opinion, I think that this novel should be classified as a classic because it is that damn good! If someone asked me Harry Potter or The Hunger Games? I wouldn't be able to choose because they are both brilliant series and also, who can beat each other? The plot of this novel isn't really that descriptive. Sure, you have some descriptive features. But not much and not all of the book is that exciting, however The Hunger Games is still and enticing novel and I am suprised if you haven't read it yet!

The characters in this novel are facinating! Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Prim...All of which are my favourite people. I think that Katniss has to be my favourite heroine ever because she is standing for what she believes in and she wants to save her sister from the games. Oh, it is so sweet. But in The Hunger Games there is a Team Gale and a Team Peeta. Now, when I first started this series I was a Gale perseon-But I have now changed my mind and I am now on Team Peeta! Seeya Gale loosers!

This is a brilliant novel and The Hunger Games is delightful to read and very gory. I would recommend this novel to people eleven up because this is a novel you do not want to read if you are younger for many reasons. But this novel is perfect and amazing. Go read it!

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook