BOOK REVIEW: The Infernal Devices (Manga) by Cassandra Clare

06:00


A manga-adaption to the prequel of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city's sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends - including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing...
Is it me, or is this book worse than the actual book? Just me? Okay then...This novel isn't how you would usually read manga novels. Instead of back to front, it is just like reading a normal novel. That is not how you read manga novels, the latter is all wrong. Yen Press really need to sort out their priorities when it comes to writing manga novels or otherwise, you will get some hell of a lot of angry fans. I am one of them. And, this novel does not even tell the whole story. I've just been on Goodreads and so many people are praising how brilliant this novel is. You. Are. Wrong. I. Am. Right. Please, please, please fix this novel! After reading this, I was so tempted to change my opinion on the actual book series. If you haven't read Clare's written version of this manga, GO READ THOSE BOOKS FIRST! Your opinion will be ruined otherwise...

I did love some aspects of this novel, but I think that some of the most important scenes were left out of this book and I couldn't really follow this book that well. I thought that it would be a great idea to buy this manga novel because I thought that seeing the actual characters with my own eyes would make me love the series even more. *Cough* Nope. Some bits are rushed in this novel and there were just a few things that I also did not enjoy to my full extent!

To conclude, I wouldn't waste my money on this novel because it doesn't fit well with the series but I will be buying the next two in the series, just in case Clare does do another signing so I can get this whole trilogy signed. Read it if you want, but I see no point in wasting your time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook