BOOK REVIEW: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

06:00


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
The Iron Daughter is the second installment to The Iron Fey series and I have to say that this is the best novel so far! I couldn't put the novel down from the moment I had started it and it was really addictive. There were a lot of brilliant use of amazing vocabulary in this novel and I guess that is one of the things that helped make the book really good to read. The first chapter struck me down and it nearly made me cry because the author had made Ash some sort of a (in a nice-ish way) idoit! It was horrible to read because the author made me feel what Meghan was feeling at the time where she was trapped in the Winter Palace. However, it was very effective way to make me like the book! 

The cover of the book is amazing and I know I always say "never judge a book by its cover." but sometimes it is hard to resist! I think that the cover of the book works really well with the story so I am so pleased about that. However, I do think that the blurb does give away a few of the first chapters and I found that very annoying because you want to be suprised in a novel-rather than knowing what will entice you in the first couple of chapters from the blurb. But the chapters really does drag you into the novel, a little, and that is one of the key things I am always looking for! 

The characters were really clearly written and their emotions just poured out onto me! Most bits were heartachingly beautiful but on the other hand, some bits did want me to throw this book out of the window. I had some really strange mixed emotions in this book and I find it really hard to rate this novel. Sure, there was some brilliant description in The Iron Daughter and there was some shocking bits that made my heart leap from my chest. But there wasn't anything that made me think that this novel was worth my time re-reading it. 

So in my opinion, I do recommend this novel because it is so much better than the first (you can read my review here) and I would say it is for fans of mythical creatures and strange stuff! Stay tuned for my reviews for the rest of the series!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook