BOOK REVIEW: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (The Iron Fey #1)

06:00


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
 I had heard some really good reviews from people who have read this novel and in consequence of that, I really wanted to read this book. This was my first Kagawa book but prior to reading it, I wasn't that impressed. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say it was my favourite. The plot of the book was really interesting, but it wasn't gripping. The characters were amazing, but some of them were like robots. I really wanted to enjoy this book and I was so close to DNfing this book. But I thought I should get to the end of this book to give y'all an accurate review. This book was on my wish list for a few months before Christmas last year and then on the day I open my presents, the whole series was staring at me. The covers for each of the books are beautiful and they are so eye catching. My favourite has to be the last book because it features my favourite character on it.

The characters, what can I say about them? Meghan, I was never too sure on her because she seemed like a typical teenage girl who always runs away from danger and Puck, he is just a copout of a character from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Can we at least have some imagination here? And you would think that little fey people would be featured in this novel because of the title. Nope. The title fools you! So beware of that! But some of the characters were written amazingly. Like, uh *giggles*, Ash. Oh, he's my baby and yes, I would gladly have my babies with him! Ash is the best male character I have ever met in my life and sadly, it does beat Jem and Jace. (IGNORE THAT IF YOU KNOW ME PERSONLY) Ash is full of description and I love his character so much!

The plot of The Iron King is all over the place and it is really hard to follow. I really wish this book has more description and detail and I just need some more improvements in this novel. Kagawa, please fix this. Thank you! :D

This book wasn't a total waste of my time and I won't rush into re-reading it again. But this book could be worth your time reading but I would buy it on Kindle because then you can get it for a cheeper price.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook