BOOK REVIEW: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games #3)

06:00


Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But she's still not safe. A revolution is unfolding, and everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - everyone except Katniss.

And yet she must play the most vital part in the final battle. Katniss must become their Mockingjay - the symbol of rebellion - no matter what the personal cost.
*Sings* EVERLAAAAAAARRRRRK! OMG!! This is one of the best sign off books ever in a series I have read in my life (part from City of Heavenly Fire...) Everything about this book screams with action and gore and this is the perfect Halloween read-but there isn't any ghosts or any of that rucus. This book is one of the best reads you will ever experiance but this novel will never beat Catching Fire (read review here) or The Hunger Games (read review here.) In my opinion, Mockingjay is like the Empire Strikes Back because it has a lot more death inside the covers and it is much darker than the last two previous novels. This novel may be a hell of a lot darker than the last two books in the trilogy, but this is a novel that will play with your mind and it will mess you up for life. I haven't read Mockingjay in, like, three and a bit years so I was ten or eleven when I was reading this. I shouldn't have done that because it was so gory I think I should've read it when I was twelve or older. Oh well.

Collin's has really made this novel stand out from other YA books and to be honest, this is the most origional novel that has come beneath my eyes and I just love this novel soooooo much! :D And plus, the movie is out next month! This novel has so much put into it, it is like a bomb has hit it! There is so much action in this novel and you finally get to see who Katniss decides to end up with and you get to find more out about District 13! This novel teaches you about what being a pawn in a war is like and it makes you feel sorry for all of the characters. And if you are part of the fandom, you know who I am exactly I am talking about!

There were some parts of this novel that I didn't get. I think I just found them a little rushed or I didn't understand some of the scenes in the novel. But you need to remember I was slightly younger and I didn't really enjoy reading that much until I finished this novel and another series called The Morganville Vampires. But I found this novel epic and everyone should read it! :D :D :D

To conclude, this book is worth everybodys' time and effort to read Collins novel and I just think that this is perfect!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook