BOOK REVIEW: Model Misfit by Holly Smale (Geek Girl #2)

06:00

18065780
“My name is Harriet Manners, and I am still a geek.”

Harriet knows that modelling won’t transform you. She knows that being as uniquely odd as a polar bear isn’t necessarily a bad thing (even in a rainforest). And that the average person eats a ton of food a year, though her pregnant stepmother is doing her best to beat this.

What Harriet doesn’t know is where she’s going to fit in once the new baby arrives.

With summer plans ruined, modelling in Japan seems the perfect chance to get as far away from home as possible. But nothing can prepare Harriet for the craziness of Tokyo, her competitive model flatmates and her errant grandmother’s ‘chaperoning’. Or seeing gorgeous Nick everywhere she goes.

Because, this time, Harriet knows what a broken heart feels like.

Can geek girl find her place on the other side of the world or is Harriet lost for good?
Think you know your facts? Model Misfit will outsmart you and then outsmart you again. If I could sum this book up with one word, I would use LOVED! Smale's novel is so amazing and to be honest, it is ten thousand better than the first. (The first one was brilliant, I am not saying that it was terrible Holly!) Comedy sends Model Misfit straight through the roof because it starts about two pages in or so! I think I have read this book seven or eight times now because I cannot get enough of the geekiness! Smale's book carries on a few months after the first book and it was wonderful to see how much Harriet's life has changed in such a small space of time! And also all of the characters!  Smale has brought this book to perfection, everything about this book made my mouth drop. The plot, the events and most of the facts. I really adored the setting of this book, Japan, because the way Harriet had reacted that she was going to Tokyo was priceless!

There isn't much to say about the characters in this novel. Oh wait, one thing: NICK IS MINE FOREVER AND IF YOU DARE TAKE HIM, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND GET MY AMAZING PACK OF UNICORNS AND BLOGGERS TO ATTACK YOU! Understood? Yes? Well then, lets carry on. I think that Harriet and Toby and Nick have been the most improved characters because they were the most brilliant. And Nat to a certain extent! I think that the characters in Model Misfit work really well because the way they have been written is outstanding! I think that this have to be on the top of my favourites list because this book will leave you flabbergasted! And gobsmacked, and elated and ECT! The plot line in this book was amazing, the dips in this just left me in a state of me wanting to throw this book out of the window and forget about it forever! I had no words to say about this novel!! (You can tell how much I am fangirling about this book because of all of the exclamation marks!!!)

The only thing I found quite upsetting about this book was that there wasn't enough of Harriet's dad. Richard is the best fictional character that I have ever read but in Model Misfit, he doesn't appear much! Nor does Harriet's mother! It's mostly Harriet, Bunty and her friends! But most of my favourite quotes come from this book so that makes up for it! "Never underestimate the power of a well placed apostrophe!" I said that to my Year 8 English teacher and she just looked at me as if I were her worst nightmare. (That's quite good, I have her again this year and I kind of dislike her because she is a little boring!)

Smale's book is brilliant and I just want the world to know about it! I want to sing and dance about it so much and I want this book series turned into a Book-To-Film-Adaptation! GO OUT AND BUT THIS BOOK! DFTBA!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook