BOOK REVIEW: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale (Geek Girl #3)

06:00


"My name is Harriet Manners, and I'll always be a geek."

It's the hilarious third book in the No.1 bestselling, award winning GEEK GIRL series!

Harriet Manners knows more facts that most. She knows that New York is the most populous city in the United States. She knows that its official motto is "Ever Upward". She knows that 28% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon.

But she knows nothing about modelling in the Big Apple, and how her family will cope with life stateside. Or how to "become a brand", as the models in New York put it. And, even more importantly, what to do when the big romantic gestures aren't coming from your boyfriend...

Does geek girl go too far this time?

The laugh out loud follow-up to award winning GEEK GIRL and MODEL MISFIT will have you in stitches.
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG and OMG!!!! The best book in the Geek Girl Series so far! Picture Perfect is the most outstanding novel I have ever read. And to be honest, this book has inspired me to write my first novel now which I should, hopefully, be sending off to a publisher by Jan/Feb next year! Holly Smale is my hero and favourite author and she is such a brilliant woman if you meet her in person! And her latest novel really goes a long way. All the way to America, in fact. :D I know I say this about every Geek Girl book, but there is a hell of a lot more facts in this book. Did you know that sixteen elephants walked along Brooklyn Bridge to prove how strong it was? No? THEN READ THIS GOD DAMN BOOK SO YOU CAN FREAK OUT YOUR FRIENDS LIKE I ALWAYS DO! Holly, I seriously cannot wait for the fourth novel in the series!!!

The characters in this book are still perfect. Harriet is still Harriet. Cheeky, Geeky and slightly discombobulated. This book follows on from the last novel and it is brilliant. We now get to know more about Harriet's life after we resume in her life and we finally get to know more about her sister! And Nick, oh Nick my sweet, sweet baby! There is so many events with him in this novel and there was this one event that broke my heart. (Holly, please never do that again to me. I've read this book more than once and I still cry every time!) Toby, what can I say about him? He's Toby. You're typical friend/stalker. Nothing more to say about him. Nat, oh Nat! She reminds me so much like my friends at school! And Harriet's parents, oh they are so amazing! Thank you Holly for writing the most outstanding characters.

The plot is brilliant in this novel. And there are so many heartbreaking moments in this book! If you have never read this series, then I will tie you up and force you to read this. I have been recommending this book to the new Year Sevens and they are loving this series. The plot in Picture Perfect will leave you speechless and it is so indescribable!

This book is perfect. Go buy it.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook