Monthly Recap

06:00

Hello Nerdfighteria and Blogosphere! Today is the October monthly recap and I am so excited to be doing this months post! I have talked about so much in this post so please excuse my excited fangirling talk! DFTBA!

Books read this month:

  1. Steampunk! An Anthology of Fantasically Rich and Strange Stories by fourteen different authors.
  2. A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen.
  3. Knife by R.J. Anderson.
  4. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.
  5. Breakdown by Sarah Mussi.
  6. The Night Itself by Zoë Marroit.
  7. Inkheart by Conellia Flunke.
  8. Evermore by Alyson Noël.
  9. A Breath of Frost by Alexandra Harvey.
  10. The Woman In Black by Susan Hill. 
Ten books this month! Yay! The book (*Cough* Well more like books.) I recommend you to read is A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen (see here for blurb.), The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton (see here for blurb) and Steampunk! An  Anthology of Fantasically Rich and Strange Stories by fourteen different authors (see here for blurb.) The Woman In Black was the second (EVER) horror book I have read in my life and to be honest, I really wanted to put it down halfway through. This is because Georgia and horror do not mix. At all. But I thought that it was a very enticing novel to read and it will not be a complete waste of your time. My review will come sometime in November! I recently met Zoë at a pop up YALC at the Winter London Film and Comic Con and I have to say she was a brilliant woman to *finally* meet! Thanks for the autographs Zoë!!

Now you might or might not know, but I am a massive fan of anime and this month I have been watching Vampire Knight because it has been an anime I have been anitcipating to watch for about a year and a half now. I have been enjoying it and I am on Team Zero because I kinda hate Kaname's guts! (Sorry Team Kaname, it will never work out between us!) But Vampire Knight is an anime I recommend along with Valkryia Chronicles (BEST ANIME EVER!) Please go watch those animes! If you have an anime you would like to recommend me, please leave suggestions in the comment box or E-Mail me: hardcoregeeks13@gmail.com and please put Anime Suggestions in the subject box!

Now as you know, The Maze Runner came to the cinemas on the 10th of this month. *Sigh.* I was dragged along to see it and I must say that I...Hated it. And in all honestly, it made me hate the book even more (see here for my review on The Maze Runner book) I gave the film 2.5 stars because there was so many parts that were left out and there was also so many things that did not make sense. I saw the main page on Facebook come up and I had a massive rant about the film to which three or four people commented on agreeing with me! Also, many of my followers on Twitter agreed as well as my Tumblr followers. I do not recommend this film whatsoever! D:

And now onto the good news! MOCKINGJAY IS OUT IN TWENTY TWO DAYS! *Fangirls* On the day Catching Fire came out, Georgia from The Bibliomaniac Book Blog (see here for her blog) came with me to the cinema to see this film and just before the film came out, we were tempted to go in to the Odeon with wetsuits on. But we realised that we wouldn't be let in so we sadly had to be in our own cloths but I did wear my Mockingjay pin! (Of course.) I did cry at the end of CF so I am hoping that this year I do not weep a single tear! (I will cry, I know it.) But if you are a THG fan go you and tell me what team you are on! (I'm on Team Finnick and Effe and Peeta. Shut up, I can be on three teams if I want to be!) 

I would also like to say thank you to the publishers who have sent me books this month and they will be appearing in the next BookShelf Love post! And also THANK YOU TO RACHEL CAINE FOR SIGNING MY MORGANVILLE VAMPIRE BOOKS!!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook