BOOK REVIEW: Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent #2)

06:00


  Goodreads Synopsis:
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.


Prepare for adrenaline fulled action, Insurgent is the kick ass novel and second edition to the Divergent trilogy. This novel is set a few weeks after the events that have happened in Divergent and it starts off with Tris telling a little prologue and then BAM! Welcome to Divergent City. I found that Insurgent (it took me forever to know how to pronounce it properly!) was a better novel than the first, as the author seemed to really make sure the reader was drawn into her novel. I thought that there was a lot more blood and gore and I found that, that new edition to the novel made it ten times better! 

The plot was really descriptive and there was more of the FourTris relationship which made the links between the characters, in this novel, much stronger because in the last novel I thought that the characters were a little all over the place. However, Insurgent does show signs of improvement and I think that really changes my opinion on the trilogy because the last book didn't really make me adore it as much as I do now! Apart from the characters, the chapters were amazingly written and they all made perfect sense to what was happening in Insurgent! 

I thought that this novel was a little bit all about Tris and I thought that if Roth added some parts that had Tris making some really big and dangerous choices, I think that this novel would've been outstanding! On the other hand, I did think that Roth did include some really detailed parts of different characters. Insurgent is much darker than the last book from, as I have already stated, the blood and gore-but also because there is a lot more violence. And that is from the start of the book all the way down the end of the novel. 

Insurgent was a very addictive book and I enjoyed it throughout the book from page one. I believe that this will make a brilliant film when it comes out (next spring! Posters have been realised.) and this must be the best book in the trilogy. There were so many brilliant bits in Roth's novel, I cannot pick one as my favourites but be careful of plot twists, they will scare the hell out of you! (They surley did with me!) There were a few things I didn't really like but I don't really mind about that! 

So in my opinion, I recommend Insurgent because it is a very exciting novel to read and it will keep your heart thumping in your throat until you finish it. This novel leads right up to the last novel, Allegiant- review to come next Friday, and the ending is so clear! Go read the book! Happy reading! 



  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook