POST: End of Year Survey and Blogger Awards 2014!

12:00

 This will be an anual post, set at the end of every year, and will be quite long as there are a hell of a lot of questions to answer!

1) What was your favourite book of 2014, add into categories if needed?
Classic:  Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin, this is one of my favourite classics and that is why I had chosen it! It shows so much to what life was like back in the Victorian era and therefore, you should read it.
YA Dystopian:  Divergent by Veronica Roth, even though the movie wasn't that good- I still enjoyed the novel and I think it has to be one of my favourite dystopian novels. It might even beat The Hunger Games!
YA Fantasy:  Banished by Liz De Jager, I have been looking for this book since it had come out and I had finally mangaed to grab a copy at the pop up YALC. I have to say, it is one of my favourite hardcore fantasy novels!
YA Steampunk:  Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon, there is a slight steampunk element in this novel and the way Lucy has written this book is fantasic! That's why I chose this book.
YA Contemporary:  Geek Girl: Picture Perfect by Holly Smale. You think that I wouldn't choose this book?  
YA Historical Fiction:  The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, a beautifully written novel that shows the insight of an innocent girl who doesn't want to live in the war. I had found this novel heartbreaking and that's why I chose it.
Graphic Novel:  Teen Titans, The Death and Return of Donna Troy.

2) What was your favourite quote 2014?
 "Never underestimate the power of a well placed apostrophe." - Holly Smale, Geek Girl: Model Misfit. I actually find this quote a hell of a lot useful in English because half of my class (who are top set) cannot even use apostrophe! And I always manage to add this into every convostation I use at school...

3) The book that you mostly anticipated for in 2014? 
 City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, the final The Mortal Instruments novel. I am a massive fan of Clare's writing and I could not wait to read this! And as a bonus, I got this book for free and signed as well! I devoured this book in a day because it was that amazing!

4) The book you were mostly excited about, in 2014, but was very disappointed after reading it? 
 The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon- I thought that this book was going to be fantasic, but after reading it I thought it was a complete waste of my time! 

5) The book that shocked you the most after finishing it (you can choose more than one, if needed) in 2014?
 Throne of Glass and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. Uh hello, am I the only one that noticed that Maas was trying to steal your soul?

6) What has been the book that you have recommended the most in 2014? 
 I think I am being slightly obsessive, it would be the Geek Girl books by Holly Smale...I don't think a reason is needed in this question.

7) Best series you have discovered in 2014? 
 Uh..perhaps The Blackhart Legacy by Liz De Jager. I have descovered a lot of series this year but Jager's must be my all time favourite because there is so much packed into it!

8) Best stand alone novel you have discovered this year? 
 The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. I actually cried at this book in the middle of an English exam I was in. I think that I was stupid to do that at the time I cried...My English teacher gave me a strange look.

9) Favourite new author discovered this year? 
 James Dawson! Author of This Book Is Gay. I think that James is really inspirational and he really shows the insight to the world, as it really is! Dawson is a great writer and his books are brilliant to read!

10) Most thrilling 2014 novel? 
 City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, as I have said this book was amazing and it really kept me on edge!

11) Book more likely to be re-read next year?   
  Insurgent and Mockingjay by Veronica Roth and Suzanne Collins, Insurgent because of the movie in March and the same for Mockingjay! :D

12) Favourite book cover of 2014? 
  The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton... So pretty! 

13)  Most memerable character of 2014? 
 Warden from The Bone Season and The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon. His character was dark and mysterious and I really want to find out more about him!

14) Most beautifully written book of 2014? 
 Gosh, that's a hell of a lot of books! I would have to say If I Stay by Gayle Forman! It was one of the books that made me sob when I had finished it! 

15) What was the book that you couldn't believe that you WAITED until 2014 to read?
The whole Harry Potter series...Yes I know I am that late. No, I am not in need of a doctor. 

16) The shortest and longest book of 2014, that you have read? 
 Shortest: The If I Stay books by Gayle Forman, which were about 200 pages-ish.
 Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, which was 733 pages long...

17) Favourite book to film adaptation of this year? (If you need more than one, go ahead...) 
1) The Fault In Our Stars 
2) If I Stay
3) Mockingjay Part One

18) Favourite book event/ signing of the year? 
 YALC, (Young Author Literature Convention) as this was the place where I had met my authoring heroine...Holly Smale! (I am not obsessing)

19)  Book you have read, just because of recommendations?
 Paper Towns, ugh, by John Green. I hated this book. Please, do not make me read it again!

20)  Genre mostly read in 2014? 
Dystopian novels/hardcore fantasy! 

21)   Best 2014 debut? 
 The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton. Again, it is a perfectly perfect book and I want everyone to read it!

22) Best book that gave you a lot of info?
 This Book Is Gay by James Dawson! This must be one of the books that showed me what school's do not teach you! Want to outsmart your teachers? Read this book! 
  
23) What was the book that came out this year, you want to read, but haven't brought it yet? 
 Girl Online by Zoe Snug. I know that this book has been badmouthed but I really want my opinion of it as I am a fan of Zoe herself!  

   This is also an anual post, at the end of every year, to show who were the best bloggers in different categories. Every blogger I know are brilliant so please don't get upset if I haven't mentioned you! 

1) Funniest Twitter Blogger! 
The Nominees: 
- Fionnuala (Books for Birds) 
- Rita (Weaving Pages) 
- Jesse (That Jesse Bloke) 
- Jess Hearts Books (Jess Hearts Books)
 And the winner is...
Jesse! Congratulations!
(Visit his blog!)

2) Best Reviewer! 
The Nominees:
- Lucy (Queen of Contemporary)
- Holly (Lost in a Library)
- Amber (The Mile Long Bookshelf)
- Ruby (Feed Me Books Now)  
And the winner is...
Holly! Congratulations!
(Visit her blog!)

3) Best blog design! 
The Nominees: 
- Leanna (Daisy Chain Books)
- Liza (Reading With ABC)  
- Lucy (Queen of Contemporary) 
- Zoe and Fionnuala (Books for Birds)
And the winner is...
Lucy! Congratulations! 
(Visit her blog!)

4) Best vlogger! 
The Nominees: 
- Amber (The Mile Long Bookshelf) 
- Lucy (Queen of Contemporary) 
- Georgina (BritishBiblioholic)
- Tilly (Hardcore Heronines)
And the winner is...
Amber! Congratulations!
  (Visit her vlog!)       

5) Best guest blogger!
The Nominees:
- Arianne (Daisy Chain, Reading With ABC, Books For Birds) 
- Rita (Weaving Pages) 
- Charli (To Another World) 
- Jack (The Book Stop)
And the winner is...
Arianne! Congratulations!
(Read a review by her!)

 Well done to all the bloggers that had won this year's awards! *Hands over books* I did not choose these guys over favoritsim, I used a name genorator. Please do not feel upset if you didn't win or I didn't mention you! I love you guys! :D 

 I hope you all have a fantasic new year's eve and a wonderful new year filled with amazing bookishness! :D DFTBA

Gee xxx 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook