REVIEW || Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling (Harry Potter #30

06:00

Harry Potter, along with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, is about to start his third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry can't wait to get back to school after the summer holidays. (Who wouldn't if they lived with the horrible Dursleys?) But when Harry gets to Hogwarts, the atmosphere is tense. There's an escaped mass murderer on the loose, and the sinister prison guards of Azkaban have been called in to guard the school...
______________________________________________
The novel that will keep you at the edge of your seat, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the third, fantastic novel that has made up the wonderful series. Honestly, I thought that I would've hated this novel because I wasn't a huge fan of the film- however this book has really improved my opinion of it and I now adore this novel so much! J. K. Rowling's writing is very clear, and I had such an easy time reading this novel because I was able to understand everything very well. The third edition of this novel continues onwards from the last book but there has been some noticeable improvements to the series. For instance: the POV of Harry is so much better now, I feel as if although I am experiancing everything that he is. Emotions, events. It is truly quite amazing to what this novel makes you feel! I think that Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire are some of my favourites in this series as there is so much to explore in this novel. Questions filled my mind as I read this novel and I knew in an instant that they were all going to be answered when I would get deeper into the mysteries surrounding Hogwarts! I was so addicted to this book, I couldn't put it down from the moment I had started it! 

Now, you may think I am being slightly bias towards this novel because I am a Potterhead but I am not- it's just that this book was cleverly written by a tallented author! The plotline of Rowling's novel different to what I have read before. This book has a lot more spells included and you get a much better insight to what living in Hogwarts is like. The author has included so much detail in her novel, there isn't one moment of this book I did not enjoy- nor did I find any faults within the text. Althogether, this book was perfect and I could clearly think what would happen next and I could easily back up my points for reasoning. I adored the way that Rowling had introduced her old and her new characters and I instantly felt as if we had been friends for a long time! (More in the next paragraph) I believe that Rowling had clearly shown her points when she was writing this novel as the impact shows beautifully in the writing. In a nutshell, the storyline was fantasic and that is a thing I am always looking for within a text! 

The characters came back better than before and I think that is truly amazeballs because I know that I had a few problems back in Chamber of Secrects. But Prisoner of Azkaban has so many improvements on the characters, I have fallen in love with every single one of them. My favourite in this novel has to be, uh, Snape because Snape is awesome and no one can beat him...Nevertheless, the characters were spectacular and the new ones are brilliantly written! Well done Rowling! 

To conclude, Prisoner of Azkaban was a fantasic novel written and I do recommend it! However, I wish the movie was better acted because I didn't really enjoy it! Go out and buy the book! 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook