A Monthly Recap (With Bookshelf Love): January 2015

16:59

Happy New Year, it's a little late, but who cares? (Sorry I haven't posted in AGES, but I have to prepare for a very important exam that is happening next week! So that's why I haven't done many reviews this month!) As it is the end of the month, I have decided to give you the plesure of a monthly recap post. And also included is my first Bookshelf Love post of the year! YAY! January has been a very hetic month for me: with me getting over an illness, writing a novel (that will be a post to come soon, my friends), reading a lot of books and as I have said...Preparing for a very important exam! So please enjoy this post I have given you today!


Books Read this Month:

- Vowed by Liz De Jager (Blackhart Legacy #2)
- Attack on Titan Volume 1 by Hajime Isayama (Shingeki no Koyjin #1)
- Attack on Titan Volume 2 by Hajime Isayama (Shingeki no Koyjin #2)
- The Selection by Kiera Cass (The Selection #1)
- The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection #2)
- The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent #2)
- Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight #1)
- Foresaken by Keary Taylor (Fall of Angels #2)
- Vindicated by Keary Taylor (Fall of Angels #3)
- Pegasus and the Origins of Olympus by Kate O'Hearn (Pegasus #4)
- Seconds by Brian Lee O'Malley
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Fourteen books! I'm about 7% my way towards my goal of 200 books on Goodreads this year! I re-read one book (Insurgent) because of the movie that is due to come out this March. My favourite standalone novel of this month is Eleanor and Park because I connected to that book more than any other I have read before. My favourite series that I had started and finished with in a week was The Selection series. I honestly have no idea of why I had put that novel off for so long! I cannot recommend that series enough now! 

Books Coming Out Next Month that I am Very Excited for:

- Geek Girl: All that Glitters by Holly Smale (Geek Girl #4)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, you think I would not be excited for this novel to come out? (I'm also meeting her, for the third time!)

Bookshelf Love #1

This month I got a HUGE amount of books! For Christmas, I got £55 in book vouchers of which I spent £53.50 in one go. I am not crazy, I can assure you! Below are the books I got this month! 


Okay, so all of these books I got this month but the bottom one (Patrick Troughton Anniversary Edition) is from my "Uncle" that I got last month. (There's an interesting story to this, my "Uncle" is Michael Troughton, who is the Second Doctor's son AND he was in the Christmas Special of Doctor Who in 2014! He even signed it for me!! Thank you Uncle Troughton!) I cannot wait to read the books I haven't already read and I would like to thank the publishers of whom have sent me books this month! I also did get some E-Books:
- The Selection by Kiera Cass (The Selection #1)
- The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection #2)
- The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
- Foresaken by Keary Taylor (Fall of Angels #2)
- Vindicated by Keary Taylor (Fall of Angels #3)
What have you read this month? How many books have you read and do you have any recommendations for me? :D Happy reading and DFTBA! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook