MANGA REVIEW || Attack on Titan Volume One by Hajime Isayama (Shingeki no Kyojin #1)

00:00

Attack on Titan Volume One by Hajime Isayama 
Published by Kodansha Comics 
Genres Manga, Horror
Pages 208
Format Paperback
Source Amazon
Buy the Book Buy the Book five-stars
 
For one hundred years, what's left of mankind has lived in the city on earth, protected by walls that tower over even the Titans. Untouched by the Titans for a century, humanity has become complacent. But Eren Jaeger has had enough. While his fellow citizens are content to hide, Jaeger has the passion to take action to not only protect the city, but to learn what the Titans actually are. But on his first mission he comes face to face with horrors beyond his imagination... and secrets from his own past that could shift the tides of war. Eren and his friends are determined to survive. But everything about their situation is a mystery that only becomes more complicated the more they learn. 

The Hunger Games meets The Walking Dead in this brilliant debut for the manga world. Attack on Titan has shown the more horrific side of what living in fear for over one hundred years can be like. Especially if you are living in fear from giant human like beings that want to destroy your very life. I have been obsessed in love with this manga ever since I had started to watch the anime as everything kept me gripped in the story line until I had finished it. Actually no, I am still hooked on Shingeki no Koyjin (the Japanese name for this manga/anime) and I don't plan on not ever being it. 

The characters in Shingeki no Koyjin just made my heart jump to my mouth and then from my mouth into the book. Each and every character has earned a place in my heart and I don't think I hate any of them! Isayama has produced some very interesting characters that always makes you ask questions about their background and why he has written them in that certain way. My favourite characters has to be Eren and Mikasa because both are equally badass and plus, I find that Eren is a little insane.


I will never find a novel that will have the same impact as it did on me like Attack on Titan did. Isayama has created some shocking plot lines that has made my mouth dropped and it reminded me so much of the anime- which I had watched before I had read this novel. The author of this hit manga series really plays with your emotions and if I remember correctly, I do remember throwing my copy across my bedroom once or twice. This wasn't out of anger for the book, but because I was emotionally destroyed by the author because he decided to do a few things that made me want to scream with sadness.

Shingeki no Koyjin is a novel that I would recommend for 12 and up because there is a lot of violence, swearing, and a few other gory things because this is a manga that deals with survival. Think of it as The Hunger Games, but without the reaping and the arena. Attack on Titan is a series I will recommend more than a thousand times because it is that epic. I didn't think that there were any mistakes so I am so happy with this manga! Happy reading! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook