REVIEW: Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight #1)

21:01

 Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino
 Published by Shojo Best Manga 
 Genres paranormal, young adult, manga
 Pages 192
 Format Paperback
 Source Local Bookstore

 Yuuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!
(Goodreads


The hit anime now comes to the manga world with a brilliant bang! Vampire Knight clearly shows the story of Yuuki Cross and her life at Cross Academy, and from page one this manga novel really shows that the author is passionate of creating a world filled with vampires. (Not that I'm complaining...Unless it's Twilight because that book can rot in hell stop being sold.) Even though Vampire Knight may be a "comic" it the plot is truly hard to guess and it is fantastic! 

 I really adored each and every one of the quotes that had been included in this novel, mostly the quotes used on the first page because I found that it really made me think. Hell, the story starts out when Yuuki is a young child and the author somehow forces you to feel sorry for the young, terrified girl even though you don't really know her yet. Hino clearly shows the voice of a five year old with just a few pictures and a few well written quotes. 

 The story of Vampire Knight is extremely well written and there is so much foreshadowing! Vampire Knight hides everything away from the reader and when you get up to what the author has planned, it is such a supprise to when you get to it! (I saw the TV show before reading the manga...Bad idea for me but I still was able to feel all the emotions that the author was getting across.) The feels that are included in this book are astronomical and if you aren't a fan of manga, this book should get you going with a pounding heart! 

There were a few things that I disliked in this novel and it was mainly down to some of the characters and the way they were written. But throughout Vampire Knight, I did think that some things were left unexplained and that really annoyed me beacuse I wanted to understand what certain things are! (You'll understand what I mean if/when you read it.) Nonetheless, Hino has created a brilliant book so those mistakes are quite minor! 

I recommend Vampire Knight as a TV show as it is quite an addicttive show to watch and now I recommend the manga! I cannot wait to read the rest of the series because it carries onwards after Season Two and I really want to know what happens after the events! Please read this, if you aren't a fan of anime/manga I recommend this series along with Death Note and Attack on Titan*. Happy reading! 

*Reviews to come! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook