BOOK REVIEW || The Selection by Kiera Cass (The Selection #1)

17:50

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Published by HarperCollins Books
Genres Young Adult, Dystopian
Pages 336
Format E-Book
Source Amazon Kindle
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realises that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

The Selection is one hell of a brilliant debut that has me obsessing over its whole series! I honestly have no idea why I have been putting off reading Cass's novel. There have been many mixed reviews about The Selection so at first, I was really nervous about starting it. But as the plot began to form, so did my love for this novel! At first, I wasn't too sure on the characters and the way that this novel had started out. Nor was I able to first think that this was a dystopian novel. However, when I was fully into this book, I began to notice the elements for the dystopian genre and I thought it was pure genius. 

Cass's novel shows a typical love triangle. Granted, I absolutely hate love triangles because it is such a common cliché but in The Selection it does work and I couldn't choose who's side I wanted to be on...Right towards the end of the novel. The characters in The Selection really came onto me, all of the girls whom were taking part in the contest, the maids and even the guards. I thought that they were fantastically written and I could not find a single fault in their personalities. The characters' persona lites were so unique and quirky in Cass's novel and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting every single one of them. I have never met a set of characters that made me feel so much emotion...I think that if you read this...You will agree with me. 

The plot in The Selection is one of a kind. Everything in this novel has shown what I had expected of it when I had began to get into the story and every time something bad happen, I would gasp in shock because that was how amazing it was! The way Cass had written her story was beautifully hilarious, the lead female (America Singer) perfectly told her POV in a clear way so that I could understand everything that I was reading. I was completly hooked onto reading this novel and when I had finished it, I had to go an immediately go and pick up the next book because I had to find out what happened next. The Selection was glued to my hands and I could not put it down until I had finsihed the last page! 

The Selection was a novel that I judged by it's cover, and yes I know that I should never do that but I have to admit it. But do not judge it because it has a pretty girl in a dress on the cover, it does not do justice for the actual novel! I really enjoyed Cass's novel and as I was reading it, I didn't actually think that there was anything wrong with it. (Well, unless you were with me while I was reading it and you saw me sobbing non stop...That was a good thing I promise you!) I cannot recommend this book enough and I haven't shut up about it so far! Definately my favourite read of 2015 so far! Happy reading and DFTBA! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook