BOOK REVIEW: All That Glitters by Holly Smale (Geek Girl #4)

15:54

All That Glitters by Holly Smale
Published by HarperCollins Books
Genres young adult, comedy, contemporary, fiction, romance
Pages 400
Format Hardcover
Source Southbank Children's Festival, Holly Smale Event

Harriet Manners has high hopes for the new school year: she's a Sixth Former now, and things are going to be different. But with Nat busy falling in love at college and Toby preoccupied with a Top Secret project, Harriet soon discovers that's not necessarily a good thing...

"My name is Harriet Manners and I am a geek." Say hello to Harriet Manners, the geekiest book character I have ever met! Of course, this is the fourth time I have met her, but I always get that giddy feeling when I'm with Harriet- because you can never expect what will happen around her. In my honest opinion, Holly's style of writing characters is pure genius! Harriet made me feel like I was her again, as if I was reading from her mind, and I did experience every emotion that Holly decided to throw at me. 

If you have been following the series, like I have, then the feels and plot will slaughter you! If you haven't, then just go and read it- ditch this review and go to your local bookstore. I cannot shut up about how much I love this book! I honestly think that Model Misfit (book two) has some serious competition for my favourite book of the series! Holly Smale has some wonderful talent which I really think needs to be shared across the world! The way that she has developed the plot was really something. All That Glitters has stood out from the other books in the series because of where it is set! The plot is so hard to describe because it is that perfect! 

The characters, what can I say? Well, first off Harriet has grown up- a lot! Her character was brilliant in the novel and I just want to give her a massive hug! And Toby, what does he consist of? Well, I will always love Toby! He- ah! I cannot explain how much I adored him in this book! All of the other characters were also amazing! I met new ones, ones that made me scream at the book (in a good way). And ones that made me fall in love and ones that broke my heart. Well done Holly for emotionally crushing me! 

I recommend this book so, so much! I really need the fifth one now! I know that I will be re-reading All That Glitters sometime later this year! :D Thank you Holly for writing another brilliant book! :D 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook