BOOK REVIEW: The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection #2)

06:00

The Elite by Kiera Cass
Published by HarperTeen Books
Genres || young adult, dystopia, romance
Pages || 336
Format || E-Book
Source || Amazon Kindle Store
Buy the book || Buy the Book ||  four-stars
 The Selection began with thirty-five girls.
Now with the group narrowed down to the six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever—and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want—and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

The Elite is the second novel in the thrilling The Selection series...And if I say that this book was brilliant, I might as well stop reading for the rest of my life. Cass's novel was more than brilliant, it left me with my mouth wide open and my heart was torn into two right in front of me. The Elite follows on from the first novel, The Selection, and this time- it is more action packed than the first. The story quickly picks up from the first novel and the story instantly rolls out in front of you. While I was reading this, I had so many thories about what would happen next but as always; I was wrong.

Cass suprises you a lot within this novel, and it isn't shocking to know that this book left me for dead. In my opinion, YA dystopian sequeals can be a little terrible but The Elite kicks that statement in the ass! The character development was ten times better than the ones in The Selection and of course, there was a lot more scenes with Maxon! As the competition has been wittled down to six girls, there is much more scenes that show more of the female characters developed (I'm not being sexist, both Maxon and Aspen also grew thoughout the novel, but there seems to be more girls in this book) and it was great to see more of them than I did in The Selection. 

There was so many things that I completly adored throughout Cass's novel: the dresses, Maxon, the plot, the emotion, Maxon again...I can barely say one bad thing about this novel! It was really hard to put this novel down and while I was reading it, I was really tempted to do a whole sitting- but I was at school which was so annoying! I also believe I got on my parents' nevers because I kept on screaming at my Kindle and then I was weeping...It was war with my emotions! However, I do have one bad thing to say- as most of you should know, I really hate love triangles because I feel like they are the biggest cliché that ever exists...And I thought that some of the plot was taken up by America's heart trying to choose Maxon or Aspen. It was really annoying in some places, and sometimes it did make me sigh. In my opinion, I think that the love triangle in the, The Infernal Devices trilogy was much better!

Read it. Loose sleep over it. Cry over it. The Elite was such a good book to read! Cass's novel will make you gasp, cry or scream at your book as there were so many scenes that made me feel pain (in a good way) or shock. At most times, I did want to throw my Kindle out of my school's window and just wrap myself in blankets because this book was already forcing me into an inevitable book hangover, and it took me ages to get over it! I have no idea what to do when the next book, after The One, (The Heir) comes out because this entire series is just killing me on the inside!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook