BOOK REVIEW: The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan

06:00

* Thank you to Sarah Crossan for signing my copy!*
The Weight of Water written by Sarah Crossan
Published by Bloomsbury Books
Genres || Poetry, Verse Novel, Contemporary, Young Adult, Realistic Fantasy, Family, Romance, Fiction.
Pages || 240
Format || Paperback
Source || Brought from School Library
Buy the Book || Buy the Book || five-stars

Armed with a suitcase and an old laundry bag filled with clothes, Kasienka and her mother head for England. Life is lonely for Kasienka. At home her mother's heart is breaking and at school friends are scarce. But when someone special swims into her life, Kasienka learns that there might be more than one way for her to stay afloat.

The Weight of Water is such a different and wonderful novel I have ever read, and I related to it a lot. Crossan's novel is told from the perspective of a young girl called Kasienka and she tells the reader everything that she is experiencing throughout the whole book. Kasienka is Polish, and she has to go to England with her mother to search for her father. The Weight of Water was beautiful to read, and I really enjoyed it!

Crossan's novel is very different from others I have ever read before. Instead of it being your normal, standard novel- it is a verse novel. It's in a shape of a poem, but it isn't quite a poem. I thought that the layout for The Weight of Water was very original and I really loved the way is was written. I, personally, also related to this book a lot- because Kasienka gets bullied and for the first year in my secondary school I was bullied! I really felt for Kasienka!

The character development in The Weight of Water is really amazing, because throughout the entire novel- we see Kasienka grow in confidence. I adored Kasienka mostly towards the end, when she fully came out of her shell! I think that Crossan's novel has given me some of my favourite quotes, as each and every one of them is probably one of the most beautiful I have ever read before!

The Weight of Water will be a novel that I know I will always re-read because I have just fell in love with it! In my opinion, I think that we should have more verse novels in this country- as it is both different and strange to experience! I was recommened this book, and I am really glad that I was- because Crossan's book is diverse and it must be one of my favourite contemporaries! If I could sum this book up with one word, I would have to say: Amazing! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook