BOOK REVIEW: The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)

06:00

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass
Published by HarperCollins Books on May 6th 2014
Genres Young Adult, Dystopian, Romance, Fiction, Fantasy
Pages 323
Format E-Book  - Kindle
Source Amazon UK
Buy the Book | Buy the Book | five-stars

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown--or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose--and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

Kiera Cass does know how to write one hell of a dramatic novel! Holding The One in my hands, as it was one of my most anticipated novels of last year, I was filled with dread. I kept on thinking to myself: Will I like it? Is it what I expect it to be? And honestly, Kiera Cass's novel was one of the most perfect books I have ever read; and I really should have had more faith in the book than I did while I was reading it! After finishing The Elite, I needed this book and the moment I got it; I began to read it straight away!

From the beginning of The Selection, to the end of The One- I feel like I am a very close friend of America's! America must be one of my all time favourite protagonists, as Cass have worked incredibly hard on her character; to make America feel very realistic to the reader. This book made perfect sense and I was able to follow the plot really clearly! If you have been putting off this fantastic series for any reason, I recommend that you pick them up as they are very likable and are easy to read.

How do I describe the plot in The One? Spectacular? So amazing that it left me unable to pick up another book for a good few days or so? Awesome? Cass has written one a crazy and yet brilliant plot that kept me engaged throughout the story and I was able to read this in one entire sitting because I found it so, so, so hard to put it down! This book is magical and in my honest opinion, Cass's novel is one of my favourite dystopian novels! It was that good!

Every time someone asks me for a good dystopian novel/series to read, I always say The Selection series because it is truly worth your time in reading! Cass's writing is PHENOMENAL and I have no idea how I have to wait until May for The Heir, which is the next book in the series. I know that sometime this year, I will be doing a re-read of the entire series because I need to escape into the world that Kiera Cass has created!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook