BOOK REVIEW: Vowed by Liz De Jager (The Blackhart Legacy #2)

06:00

 

Vowed by Liz De Jager (The Blackhart Legacy #2)
Published by | Tor UK
Genres | Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Action, Adventure, Paranormal.
Pages | 480
Format | Paperback
Source | Waterstones
Buy the Book Buy the Book four-stars

The Blackhart Code:
Don't let the monsters grind you down


A Blackhart can see the supernatural behind everyday crimes. But some crimes hide even greater evils…

Kit Blackhart must investigate why children are disappearing from a London estate. However, their parents, police and fae allies claim to know nothing. And as yet more children disappear, the pressure mounts. Luckily, or unluckily, government trainee Dante Alexander is helping Kit with the case. Yet just as her feelings towards him begin to thaw, his life falls apart. As Kit struggles to unravel his problems and dangerous secrets, she meets fae Prince Thorn in her dreams – but their relationship is utterly forbidden.

Then Kit digs too deep, and uncovers a mystery that’s been hidden for one thousand years. It’s a secret that could just tear down our world.

There are no words to describe this book! Vowed is a perfect and wonderful book to sit down and read with and I enjoyed it so much! Liz De Jager has done it again as her fantastic writing has left me in an emotional state. When I first began Vowed, I was very nervous because it was a sequel and I wasn't too sure to think that this was going to be a kick-ass novel! However, I was very wrong! Vowed will probably be one of my favourite sequels and in my opinion- it beats the first book, Banished, which was the book that really pushed me to start writing!

Vowed shows the aftermath of the events that happened in Banished. Kit is still badass as ever but is different from the first time I had met her. In my opinion, I love this version of Kit, I have always loved Kit, as Jager really brings her out of her shell and seeing Kit think and act in this book was very well written. Jager has put so much thought into her second novel and even by reading this, I can see that these novels will go a very long way! I adored meeting the new characters in this novel, and I had so much fun trying to figure out what they would do next, especially Dante- I think that he was one of my favourite characters in Vowed...Apart from Prince Thorn, that is!

I am still trying to figure out why I am not a Blackhart! I really want to be part of Kit's family, as in Vowed, Liz De Jager brings us closer to the legendary family and we get to see what they are like. I fell in love with Kit's family, they were all different in each and every way! The plot in Jager's book left me speechless and as a consequence, I was left blubbering like a baby at the end! I did actually read this book in one sitting because it was so gripping and my hands were glued to the pages.

Vowed is just an indescribable novel to read. I seriously cannot wait for book three, as I will get to see much more action with Kit as well as more fae and plot twists! Jager has made her sequel amazing and if you haven't read Banished, go read the book now! I promise you it will not rip out your heart, stomp on it, and then hand it back to you! Liz De Jager has some awesome writing talent and I am glad that she is showing it off to the world!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook