EVENT REPORT: Sarah J Maas at Waterstones Piccadilly

00:00

Last Wednesday, 20th May, my mom and I went to Waterstones Piccadilly to meet US author: Sarah J Maas. Sarah J Maas is the author of the bestselling Throne of Glass series and author of the brand new series: A Court of Thorns and Roses. I had a great time going, as I got to catch up with blogger Sally, and I also managed to get all my books signed!

Don't judge me...
So after a long and boring train journey to London Charring Cross, I left my book at my house that's why it was boring, my mom and I went to Five Guys (which is a burger place) where we had a very nice burger with fries. For a drink, we went to Starbucks- where I grabbed a chocolate frappuccino, and then started a ten minute walk to Waterstones Piccadilly. By the time we arrived, there was a massive queue that went down three flights of stairs; and I was sadly at the back. Thankfully, the line moved quickly, but I was still right at the back of the seating area. However, I did manage to snag a seat next to Sally, and we spoke about our feels about the Throne of Glass series.

Me and Sarah
The event started at seven, and nearly every seat was filled up! My mom found out, later in the evening, that there were over two hundred people attending! For the first half of the event, Sarah was asked questions about her writing schedule, and how she writes...One of my favourite things that she said was: 'My mornings revolve around food!' Of course, this made the entire crowd laugh. Sarah also discussed about what she does during Writer's Block, as well as her new book: A Court of Thorns and Roses.

The rest of the event was an open Q and A session, which many people asked questions. One of the questions were: 'What would happen if Celaena (Throne of Glass) and Feyre (A Court of Thorns and Roses) met?' Sarah replied saying: 'They would be like two cats. They would growl, and sit at the opposite sides of a room. Soon, however, they would realize that they are better working together than alone- so they would become great allies!' The Q and A session ended at eight, where we were then told that we would be called up row by row to get our books signed. An hour later, Sally and I were still waiting- so my mom asked if we could join the queue because I had school the next day. We were allowed and we stood for forty five minutes before we got to the front of the line.
Me and blogger Sally

Sarah was lovely to meet, she was incredibly friendly and she answered some of the questions I had- but didn't want to air in case of spoilers. She signed my copies of Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, The Assassin's Blade and A Court of Thorns and Roses. Sarah also asked the audience to sign her copy of Throne of Glass, and I wrote (I didn't have a chance to take a pic, which was annoying...): 'London baby! Wonderful event, I'm pretty sure that Celaena would slay everyone in here without breaking a sweat! x'

It was a brilliant event, and it was such an honor to meet Sarah! Although, after such a long event- I bet her hands throbbed by the end of the night! Thank you to Sarah for signing my books, Sally for putting up with me and to my mom for taking me!

Gee x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook