Poetry Corner: Poems, Poems and More Poems.

00:00

In reference to my most recent post, Writing Life, I mentioned that I liked to write a lot of poems. After a lot of positive feedback both on the blog and social media, I decided to do a monthly post that includes a poem- or more- that I have written. I know that this is a book review blog, but as I have English ambition I thought that it would be great to have more creative writing base posts! Therefore, I thought that we should start with one of my favourite things- apart from writing stories, of course- poems! I hope you enjoy this post!

This month, I have written a poem called 'Sticks and Stones' which is probably one of my favourite poems I have written this year,by far! It's quite short, but who cares? Enjoy!

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can also hurt me.
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but your words can still torment me.

Sticks and stones may break only skin,
while your words are ghosts that haunt me.
Sticks and stones may break only skin,
but so can a razor against my wrist.

Pain from words left its scar,
on mind and heart that's tender.
With words like yours that rip me apart,
it's hard to stop the track I'm heading in.

Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can also hurt me.
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
and with this I hope you forgive me.

Do you like writing poems?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook