REVIEW: Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan.

11:59

Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan 
Published by Bloomsbury Books on August 14th 2015.
Genres Contemporary, Young Adult, Romance, Fiction, Family.
Pages 240.
Format Paperback.
Source Book Event.
Buy the Book Buy the Book •  five-stars

When Apples mother returns after eleven years away, Apple feels whole again. But just like the stormy Christmas eve when she left,her mothers homecoming is bittersweet. Its only when Apple meets someone more lost than she is that she begins to see things as they really are,
A story about sad endings.
A story about happy beginnings.
A story to make you realise who is special.

Usually, when I sit down to write a review, it takes me ages when really; I can sum a book up with one word. 'Astounding' Apple and Rain was astounding

Now days, it is really hard to find a novel that has everything you do not expect- so after finishing Apple and Rain, I can safely say that this is a novel to look out for. Apple and Rain is a tale of hope, love and new beginnings; and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what the protagonist- Apollinia 'Apple' Apostolopoulou- thought during the course of the plot. To say that I didn't shed a tear would be an understatement. I cried a river while I was fumbling through the pages of Apple and Rain because I have never read a novel that I have come really close to. 

Apple and Rain gives one of the most realistic portrayals, I have ever seen, of teenage life. It was one of the best, as many books I read now have teenage love triangles. However, I thought that every character was there for a reason: Apple's Mum, Rain, Apple's Nanna, Mr Gaydon, Del...They all belonged in the novel and none of them didn't feel like they were forcefully written just for the sake of creating characters! 

The entire plot was phenomenal, it was fantastically descriptive- and half the time I wanted to crawl into the pages and hug Apple because of all the things she had to go through. Crossan has written an enchanting novel, and it is just amazing! 

I can clearly see why Apple and Rain has been shortlisted for the Clip Carnegie Award, and I really hope it wins- just like last year's winner: The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brookes. And like I said at the beginning of the review: Apple and Rain was astounding!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook