REVIEW: One by Sarah Crossan

00:00

Thank you to the magnificent people at Bloomsbury Publishing for sending me an ARC of One! In no way has this affected my opinion, nor the content of this review.
One by Sarah Crossan.
Published by Bloomsbury on August 27th 2015.
Genres Contemporary, Young Adult, Realistic Fiction.
Pages 448.
Format ARC.
Source Bloomsbury.
Buy the BookBuy the Book •  five-stars
Grace and Tippi are twins – conjoined twins.

And their lives are about to change.

No longer able to afford homeschooling, they must venture into the world – a world of stares, sneers and cruelty. Will they find more than that at school? Can they find real friends? And what about love?

But what neither Grace or Tippi realises is that a heart-wrenching decision lies ahead. A decision that could tear them apart. One that will change their lives even more than they ever imagined…


This book has made me weep more than I did over The Fault in Our Stars, which already proves how pretty damn good this book was. If you have never read a book by Sarah Crossan before, then you are in for a treat. However, if you have read a novel by Sarah- then prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride of emotions, as One will throw them right at you. Right. In. The. Heart.

One is the third novel I have read by Sarah Crossan, and it is safe to say that none of her books disappoint. So when my copy of this beautiful book arrived in the post, I began to read it immediately! Sarah Crossan has written a poignant novel, that deals with real life issues. In my honest opinion, this is my favourite book of the year; by far! One was beautifully written, and it left me breathless.

I just wanted to hug Grace and Tippi throughout the novel, as I just felt so sorry for them. Espcially how Crossan had described her novel. One has some of the most realistic characters I have ever seen in a novel- and I espcially adored it when the author portrayed them, the other characters, as propper teenagers. This made me love the book even more, as it made me think that Grace, Tippi, Yasmeen and Jon (whom are all just a handfull of characters to name!) were real!

The plot was perfect, it ripped out my heart- burnt it in a fire- and twisted it, all before putting it back into my body. One is an indescribealbe novel, and it is a definate re-read. I have never imagined a plot that was so amazing before, and Sarah Crossan has gone past my expectations!

I cannot sum up this book, because this book doesn't deserved to be summed up. If I could, I would talk about this book for day on end- because it was that great! I urge you all to go out to the shops when this comes out, as it is the book to read this summer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook