Blogoversary Day Four: Writing Advice.

00:00

Hello everyone!


As I am currently writing a novel, I thought that I would share some of my advice when it comes to writing a story. I'm a person who writes a lot of poems, short stories and now a massive story that I am hoping to send off to a publisher by the end of the year! So in this post, I am going to give you advice on writing a story, and I hope that my advice does help! 

How do you come up with a character?
Coming up with a character is easy, all you have to do is think of the three key things: 
Name: Obviously, your character needs to have a name. You can call your character anything, so you can be creative as you want! 
Personality: The personality is one of the best things about creating a character. You can create a villain to a hero; your character can be whoever- or whatever- you want! You can make your character to be a badass person, or to be some creepy stalker!  
Features: Similar to personality, the features of your character(s) shows what they look like. For instance: your character might wear glasses, or have blue hair. Make your character(s) look unique. they don't have to be the same! 
In my honest opinion, creating a character is one of the easiest things to do. For the novel that I am currently writing, it took me roughly fifteen minutes to come up with my characters, what they look like and what their personalities are like. 

How do you come up with a plot/story line?
A plot is the beating heart of a story, and you have to have a really strong one if you want your story to be amazing! There are many things to do when it comes to planning a plot- and it will be one of the most boring things you will experience, if you hate planning. (Like I do!) Here are a few things that should help when coming up with a plot:
Thinking on the first scene/event: Many of the books I read now days begin with some action...I really need to move to non-violent novels. Anyway, you want to write something that will hook the reader instantly! 
Thinking of the main dilemma: You need to think of the main problem of the novel. In between the beginning of your novel to the dilemma, you need to make it clear of what you want the drastic problem is...If that makes any sense. 
Thinking of how to sum up your novel: The rest of your novel needs to show the consequences of what happened after the dilemma. You also need to make sure you want to finish your book off to where you want to finish it. Whether you want to leave your novel on a cliff hanger, or you want to sum it off completely- finishing your novel off should be one of the easier things to do! 

How do you come up with a title?
This is one of the more fun parts of the novel, but it is also quite hard! Your title needs to be original, but it also needs to suit the book. The title also needs to be quirky, you need to make sure that the title of the novel also grabs the reader's attention! 

This is only some of the advice I have, but these are some of the things that pop up when I talk to a few other writers. I hope that this made sense, I'm really terrible at giving advice, so this was a challenge to write! But hopefully you got something out of this! 

Do you like writing?

Gee x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook