Blogoversary Day Two: Interview with Holly from Lost in a Library

00:00



Today we have the amazing blogger Holly appearing on the blog today! She has kindly answered the questions I sent her, so check out her blog! Holly is a lovely person to talk to, and thank you so much for doing this interview with me! To make this clear, my questions are in bold blue and Holly's answers are in bold black.

Hello Holly! Thank you for doing this interview with me! When/why did you start blogging?

I started blogging in November 2012. I'd seen an article in a magazine about blogging (by Cat from Through a Cat's Eyes) and it really inspired me. I've always loved writing and journalism so this seemed like a great hobby! 
At the time I was in a bad place. I was really ill and friendless and just needed to vent to the world. Lost in a Library wasn't originally a book blog and was just a place to ramble about my life, hoping someone would listen. Then as soon as I knew book blogging existed, the entire blog changed to doing that.

What is your favourite thing about blogging and why?

It's probably sharing my love for books with like-minded people. I don't know any people who like books in my real life and so it's great to be able to write a review or a discussion and just talk to others about the thing I'm most passionate about.


What other blogs do you enjoy reading? 

I adore Through a Cat's Eyes as that got me into blogging. But other than that, my favourite blogs are yours(!), It Was Lovely Reading You, Weaving Pages, Winterelle, and Booktastic Reviews


Do you have any advice for any new bloggers? 

Try not to worry over page views or comments. You started your blog because you have a passion which you want to share with the world, if you start obsessing over figures, blogging becomes a lot less fun very quickly.

What are your dreams for when you are older? 

I've always wanted to be a YA or children's author. Writing is such a big part of my life and it is my main dream. If not then I'm very happy to wind up working in Waterstones. Obviously there's other stuff like family and love and all of that to, in my head it's all somewhat planned out - so next stop is an English Literature or Creative Degree at University!


Who is your favourite author and have you ever met them?

My favourite author is Rainbow Rowell. She is the author of my favourite book- Fangirl, and I just love her dialogue. Unfortunately I missed YALC last year so I didn't meet her - but I will someday! This being said, I have met another one of my favourite authors - Gayle Forman, and she was such a lovely person.


What do you do in your free time, apart from reading?
I play Piano, Cello and Violin, so a lot of my time is taken up with music, and as I've already mentioned writing. I'm also obsessed with Harry Potter, and Doctor Who and really enjoy letting my inner fangirl go wild.

Thank you so, so, so much Holly for answering my questions! *mahoosive hugs* Once again, I recommend that you go onto her blog and read her reviews! Holly's blog is amazing, and it is much better than this blog!
Gee x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook