As White as Snow by Salla Simukka (Lumikki Andersson #2)

00:00

Thank you to Hot Key Books for sending me an ARC of As White as Snow, in no way has this affected my opinion nor content of this review.
As White as Snow by Salla Simukka.
Published by Hot Key Books on March 5th 2015.
Genres Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller, Fiction.
Pages 214.
Format ARC, Paperback.
Source Hot Key Books.

Lumikki Andersson may be innocent, but she's no Snow White...Three and a half months have passed since Lumikki Andersson was left for dead in a snowdrift - a bullet wound in her thigh and frostbite creeping into her skin. But the scorchingly hot streets of Prague in summer provide a welcome contrast to that terrifying time, and now Lumikki just wants to move on - forget the events of the past year, forget about the Polar Bear's crime ring - and escape her parent's oppressive concern...She's alone again, which is just how she likes it.But Lumikki's peaceful solitude is about to be shattered. She is approached on the street by a nervous young woman, who, unbelievably, thinks she might be Lumikki's long-lost sister. Lumikki is unconvinced - although Zelenka's story seems to ring horrifyingly true - but there's something weird about her. Something jumpy, and suspicious.Turns out Lumikki is right to be wary, as Zelenka is part of a dangerous religious cult who believe they are descendants of Christ - and that Lumikki is one of them, and must be 'martyred' alongside them. On the run for her life again, Lumikki must once more draw on her all her powers of resolve and strength if she is to survive.

Last year, Hot Key Books published the amazing As Red as Blood which was one of my favourite novels 2014. This year, Salla Simukka has written another crime novel that continues with Lumikki Andersson's adventure. This time, Salla has given a complete, new setting along with a problem that Lumikki has to deal with...

As White as Snow is set in Prague, three months after the events that occurred in the first novel. Salla has done a brilliant job in explaining what has happened in the space of As Red as Blood and As White as Snow and I felt as if no time had passed. I also adored Salla Simukka's description of Prague, she made it seem quite eerie and strange- it has inspired me to visit when I am older. Salla has not failed to show how amazing her description is!

The plot was enticing, it kept me hooked and I was able to read it within a day...Well, saying that I read it in a day is an understatement. I jumped at the shocking plot twists and I always found myself questioning myself. As I found myself deeper in As White as Snow, I occasionally felt chills going down my back.

I really wanted the story to be so much longer, I would've loved to stay with Lumikki to see what she was going to do next! I loved how Lumikki had changed throughout As White as Snow, as in As Red as Blood I thought that she was a bit timid, but I couldn't find any sign of that in this novel. Salla has shown that she can write some amazing character developments!

If you are a massive fan of crime novels, or you have never read a crime novel before, As White as Snow is a story to pick up! I enjoyed this so much, I was really kept on edge throughout and I would say read this when it's raining, it will really set the mood of Salla Simukka's novel. I cannot wait to see how the rest of the story will develop and I am really looking forward to see new plot twists to make me jump!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook