The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury (The Sin Eater's Daughter, #1)

00:00

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.
Published by Schoolastic Press on February 24th 2015.
Genres Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal.
Pages 336.
Format Paperback.
Source Waterstones.

I am the perfect weapon.
I kill with a single touch.

Twylla is blessed. The Gods have chosen her to marry a prince, and rule the kingdom. But the favour of the Gods has it's price. A deadly poison infuses her skin. Those who anger the queen must die under Twylla's fatal touch.

Only Lief, an outspoken new guard, can see past Twylla's chilling role to the girls she truly is.

Yet in a court as dangerous and the queen's, some truths should not be told...

The Sin Eater's Daughter is now possibly one of my favourite début novels; as well as being one of the best UKYA books I have come across. Melinda Salisbury has written a fantastic novel, which should be up with the likes of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

Twylla is Goddess Embodied, she's seventeen years old, betrothed to the Prince and lives in a palace. She's also an executioner, and once a month she takes the lives of the traitorous criminals of Lormere. The Sin Eater's Daughter has introduced some amazing characters, some of which I adored a lot! Melinda Salisbury has written some of the best characters I have ever met, and I cannot wait to see how they develop in the upcoming novels!

The Sin Eater's Daughter is told from the perspective of Twylla, and she describes each and every scene in a lot of detail. Therefore, I was able to visualize everything perfectly! Melinda Salisbury's plot was written very clearly, and it was had to figure out what was going to happen. I really adored the aspect of Twylla's emotions being so realistic, that I felt that I was personally feeling them myself.

I loved how the plot progressed, it developed at a brilliant pace- and I was able to follow everything easily. The Sin Eater's Daughter has a great story, Melinda's novel is really easy to get into, her story is very addictive; I found it terribly hard to put down! All I have to say about this plot is: expect the unexpected!

Melinda Salisbury is now definitely one of my favourite UKYA authors, and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for the second novel. I urge you to by The Sin Eater's Daughter because it was a phenomenal novel to read...It is one of the novels that you should read this summer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook