YALC Announcement

18:16


Last year, London Film and Comic Con hosted the first ever YA book con which was known as the Young Adult Literature Convention- or better known, now, as YALC. This year, LFCC has brought back YALC for another year, and authors such as Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments/The InfernalDevices) and Lucy Saxon (Take Back the Skies/The Almost King). And I am happy to announce that I am returning back to the event, but I am only going on the Saturday. (July, 18th.) I am very excited to return to YALC because I get to meet bloggers: Amber (The Mile Long Bookshelf), Sabrina (The Delirious Reader), Lucy (Queen of Contemporary), Ray (Ray May Write), and Jess (Jess Hearts Books). 

I also get to meet some amazing authors: Cassandra Clare, Lucy Saxon, Alice Oseman (Solitaire), Malorie Blackman (Noughts and Crosses/Pig-Heart Boy/ECT), Samantha Shannon (The Bone Season/The Mime Order), Hayley Long (Being a Girl), Melinda Salisbury (The Sin Eater’s Daughter), and Anna McKerrow (Crow Moon).

Alongside the amazing bloggers and authors I get to meet, there are also many workshops and panels that are taking place. I am really looking forward to the ‘Agent 1-2-1’ workshop because it might help with me with writing my novel- but it means I will have to be first in the queue for Cassandra Clare (you can imagine how long the line will be for her!) and then I’ll have to rush off to the workshop! (Hopefully, I will make it in time!) YALC is also bringing back the Book Zone, which I adored last year, and I cannot wait to see how they will set it out this year!

This year, YALC is situated on the second floor of Olympia, Kensington; which means there will be more space for all of the books, and book lovers! YALC has brought over more authors, but I sadly have to miss out on meeting to (Matt Whyman, and Kevin Brooks) due to the fact that they are both signing on the Sunday event. But hopefully I will get to meet both authors very soon!

If you are going on any of the days to YALC, then I recommend that you print of a programme and highlight the authors/panels/workshops you want to go to because it will be very helpful! If you don’t know where to find the programmes, then here are the links to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday events:


I hope to see you all there! (Feel free to come find me and say ‘hi’, I would love to meet you!)

Gee x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook