Birdy by Jess Vallance

00:00

Thank you to publisher Hot Key Books for sending me an advanced copy of Birdy. In no way has this affected my opinion of the book, nor the content of this review.
Birdy by Jess Vallance.
Published by Hot Key Books on July, 2nd, 2015,
Genres Young Adult, Thriller, Realistic Fiction, Realism.
Pages 272.
Format ARC Paperback.
Source Publisher.
Synopsis: (Goodreads)
Frances Bird has been a loner for so long that she's given up on ever finding real friendship. But then she's asked to show a new girl around school, and she begins to think her luck could be finally changing.

Eccentric, talkative and just a little bit posh, Alberta is not at all how Frances imagined a best friend could be. But the two girls click immediately, and it's not long before they are inseparable. Frances could not be happier. 

As the weeks go on, Frances finds out more about her best friend- her past, her secrets, her plans for the future- and she starts to examine their friendship more closely. Is is, perhaps, just too good to be true?
four-stars

Birdy is a phenomenal début! It was highly enjoyable, and I can see why many people have written reviews praising Jess Vallance's newest novel. Vallance has a brilliant writing talent, and it is really obvious why Hot Key Books published her. Birdy was a fantastic read, and it is now one of my favourite reads of 2015 so far, and it is one of the best débuts I have read in a long while.  

Frances Bird isn't one of the typical girls you usually meet. She's a loner, and doesn't have any friends. I found Frances a really interesting character, mainly because of the way she was written. I adored how Frances reacted to the typical teenage behavior, mainly because it seemed really realistic, and normal. I also enjoyed meeting Alberta, because I thought that her naïvety was quite funny. Vallance has written two brilliant characters, and I really enjoyed seeing how different they were from each other! 

Birdy has a really well written plot, and it was really amazing to be drawn into Frances' world. I enjoyed how the story progressed, I felt many emotions! I'm not really a fan of thriller novels, but after reading Birdy I am definitely going to seek out more! Jess Vallance has shown that you have to expect the unexpected! It was an awesome novel to read, and I was hooked from the first page. Birdy has an intricate plot, and it is one to read! 

Jess Vallance's novel is a perfect summer read! It will keep you hooked all the way until the end, and it will leave you wanting more! Birdy is a novel that I recommend, it's is absolutely a brilliant read, and I can see why many people have praised it! Birdy is a perfect début for a new YA author, and I can tell that Jess Vallance is going to go a long way with her writing career! To sum up Vallance's novel in one word I'd have to use: perfection! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook