Best Books of 2015

00:00


This year has been a great year for books. There have been some fantastic debúts (for instance Melinda Salisbury's The Sin Eater's Daughter) which have blown me away, and some novels have really made me excited for the sequels that are coming out next year! I've loved the majority of the books that I've read this year, so when it came to deciding what books I have really enjoyed this year; I struggled a lot! But I managed to choose several novels, and they are:

1. All of the Above by Juno Dawson. 

All of the Above was such a fantastic book to read; I really enjoyed it and it left me in a sobbing heap (which is a good thing, of course). This novel tells the story of seventeen-year-old Toria, who moves to a new school in a place called Brompton-on-Sea, where she makes friends with some of the most outgoing people that I have met within a book, (Juno Dawson is amazing at creating memorable characters!) All of the Above will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions, and it deals with some real-life issues that do need to be addressed. I managed to read this book within one sitting, and I believe that this is a novel that you should check out. You can read my review for All of the Above by clicking here.


2. Birdy by Jess Vallance.

This book was a phenomenal debút, and even now I cannot stop raving on about how great Jess Vallance's book is! From the moment that I started Bridy, I was hooked onto the writing and I found it nearly impossible to put down - it was just fantastic! I really enjoyed the character development and the plot left me speechless. Birdy is told from the perspective of a teenage girl called Frances Bird and she doesn't have any friends at school - so she's desperate to make one. When new girl Alberta shows up to Frances' school, Frances is finally happy that she has somebody to talk to. If you enjoy the good thriller, Birdy is the one for you. Jess Vallance's stunning debút is probably one of my favourite books of 2015. You can read the review here.

3. Vowed by Liz de Jager.

Vowed was the first book I read this year, and it is the second book of The Blackhart Legacy. I love Liz de Jager's writing and Vowed made my love grow even more. I'm a huge fan of fantasy and this series does not fail to bring that to you. There's a hot fae prince, a badass heroine, magic...you name it and Liz de Jager has written it in. Vowed was hard to put down, and I am really looking foward to Judged - which is the final book - because Liz's writing is brilliant and I think that everybody should read her one-of-a-kind books! You can read my review for Vowed by clicking here.

4. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.

I loved, loved, LOVED Melinda Salisbury's debút: The Sin Eater's Daughter! It was outstanding, and it's possibly one of the best UKYA books I have read. It tells the tale of Twylla, a girl who has the power to kill those that she touches with her bare skin. This book is pretty dark, and it's so mysterious; it was brilliant to read. I recommend this book to those that are looking for something to shove their faces in, as well as those who love a good fantasy. The moment that I started The Sin Eater's Daughter, I was hooked onto the plot and even from the first sentence I knew that this would be an awesome book! Read the review by clicking here.

5. One by Sarah Crossan.

I first came across Sarah Crossan's writing when I read The Weight of Water. It was a beautiful book and it made me want to read more of Sarah's novels. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Sarah's latest novel, One, and it is one that made me cry my eyes out and it was just so beautiful! This is a verse novel, which is something you hardly get here in the UK, and it is fantastic. One was a perfect read, and I cannot recommend it enough! You can read my review here.

What have been your favourite books of 2015?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook