REVIEW: All Wrapped Up by Holly Smale (A Geek Girl Special)

00:00

Thank you to Orli from Blame My Bookshelf for kindly sending me a copy of Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up! In no way has this affected my opinion, nor the content of this review! 
Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up by Holly Smale.
Published by HarperCollins Children's Books on November 5th, 2015.
Genres Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Novella, Humour, Short Stories.
Pages 220.
Format Hardcover.
Source Orli from Blame My Bookshelf.


Synopsis:
Harriet Manners knows a lot about Christmas:
She knows that every year Santa climbs down 91.8 million chimneys.
She knows that Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was almost definitely a girl.
She knows that the first artificial Christmas trees were made out of goose feathers.
But this Christmas is extra special for Harriet because four days ago she had her First Ever Kiss.
Now she just needs to work out what's supposed to happen next…

five-stars

Holly Smale's writing is utter perfection: it's witty, clear, fluffy and it's hard to put down. Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up is the perfect winter treat, and it put me in the Christmas-y mood within the first few pages. Smale's writing never fails to impress me, and by the time I finished the firt chapter, I knew that this would be a phenomenal novel. I don't normally read novellas, but Holly Smale's All Wrapped Up has persuaded me to write more. 

Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up is set four days after  Geek Girl (the first novel) and is set around the festive period. It was lovely to follow Harriet Manners on her adventures, and it was wonderfull that this book didn't leave me in a sobbing heap and book hangover like Geek Girl: All That Glitters did. Although, All Wrapped Up did leave me in a very squealish state because of the ending of this book. Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up really sets the mood for Christmas, which made me enjoy the novel even *more* because I'm like Harriet when it comes to this tme of year, and I found it perfectly sweet.

Whenever I end up reading one of Smale's books, I end up laughing my socks off. And from page one, I couldn't save myself from giggling - Holly Smale is the queen of comedy. I really enjoyed seeing how Harriet reacted to certain parts of the plot, and I especially adored the references to the first book. 

I cannot stress enough about how great Holly Smale's books are. The Geek Girl series is possibly one of my favourite set of books, and I love reading them because they are fantastic! Geek Girl: All Wrapped Up will take you on an emotional rollercoaster that will only keep going up. It's a perfect read. 

Georgia! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook